Is anyone successfully using a combination wall and car charger (i.e., a single device that can plug into either wall AC outlet or car DC port) with the Torch?

My older model BoxWave VersaCharger is working only sporadically (more likely an issue with the charger than compatibility per se). crackberry lists one - the MobiProduct duo charger A1174 (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Vl8ybND7) but I haven't yet ordered it to try because image on web-site specifies 600 mA output, and am guessing the Torch might need at least the 750 mA specified on the wall charger bundled with the phone.

Please only reply if you can confirm a specific item works or does not work. thanks!
    10-12-10 01:21 PM
    BlackBerry is pretty much an equal opportunity charger. Most car chargers put out about 250 ma, the wall charger 700. I use several chargers, some at 550, 650, 700, and one that is 900. All charge effectively, the lower rated chargers just a lil' slower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-10 01:27 PM
    UPDATE: I ordered MobiProduct duo charger A1174 from Crackberry (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=XIVobj9a) but it does NOT work with my Torch (when plugged into wall and connected with OEM cable), even though web-site lists it as compatible.

Will continue my search. Anyone else have anything to report? Per my original post, please report here only confirmed successes or failures of combo chargers with Torch
    Last edited by somainer; 11-02-10 at 08:30 PM.
    11-02-10 08:28 PM
    11-02-10 09:38 PM
    I found the Rocketfish model RF-ACDC1 at BestBuy (Rocketfish� - USB Home and Car Charger for Select MP3 Players - RF-ACDC1) - and so far its working with my Torch despite only listing 0.5A AC output.

Note that this charger comes bundled with a mini USB cable, so you would need an adapter to connect that cable to Torch (e.g., I use the Motorola SKN6252A with my old mini USB cables), or your own micro USB cable.
    02-09-11 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD