08-13-10 03:15 PM
    Just like Droid 2
    08-13-10 03:18 PM
    this is a time of year when most retail sales are slow. people are on vacation and/or are preparing to send their kids back to school. So there is less money to go around.
    08-13-10 03:22 PM
    this is a time of year when most retail sales are slow. people are on vacation and/or are preparing to send their kids back to school. So there is less money to go around.
    Yea, that's it.
    08-13-10 03:28 PM
    So I guess the poeple buying the iphone don't go on vacation? That makes no sense what you are saying.
    08-13-10 03:36 PM
    *sigh* I'm not saying that was the only reason. Peoples' spending habits vary by season. The iphone is an exception. apple fan boys will buy any product that comes out of steve jobs a$$, even if they have to get a second mortgage on their house to afford it.

If both phones (torch & droid 2)were released closer to christmas, they would be selling like hot cakes.
    08-13-10 03:45 PM
    *sigh* I'm not saying that was the only reason. Peoples' spending habits vary by season. The iphone is an exception. apple fan boys will buy any product that comes out of steve jobs a$$, even if they have to get a second mortgage on their house to afford it.

If both phones (torch & droid 2)were released closer to christmas, they would be selling like hot cakes.
    spending habits vary? what? ppl are going back to school and one of the biggest expenses for going back to school is buying a new phone for college or school.

c'mon now. lets be honest with ourselves. we are just making excuses at this point.
    08-13-10 04:12 PM
    I am desperately worried by this...
    08-13-10 04:20 PM
    Droid 2 is selling better than Torch for sure.
    Consumers aren't dumb and they choose the better phone that isn't outdated.
    08-13-10 04:38 PM
    yes, spending habits vary by "season". which you left out. I work in the business sector and have always correctly reported on future consumer spending trends/habits for businesses so they can develop profitable quarterly road maps. I'm not making excuses for RIM and motorola for the slow sales of their new products. I was just stating something I see year and year out in the retail sector.

...depending on pre-college or college students: I thought tuition, books, school supplies, clothes/uniforms, furniture, rent, car/insurance were the biggest expenses. But your point makes sense. students don't study any more, they just text all day. so cell phones are indeed "one of the biggest expenses for going back to school". great job man. you have dispelled my opinion and turned it into mush. You and your buddies are gods of this forum and must have a temple built in your honor.
    08-13-10 04:40 PM
    yes, spending habits vary by "season". which you left out. I work in the business sector and have always correctly reported on future consumer spending trends/habits for businesses so they can develop profitable quarterly road maps. I'm not making excuses for RIM and motorola for the slow sales of their new products. I was just stating something I see year and year out in the retail sector.

...depending on pre-college or college students: I thought tuition, books, school supplies, clothes/uniforms, furniture, rent, car/insurance were the biggest expenses. But your point makes sense. students don't study any more, they just text all day. so cell phones are indeed "one of the biggest expenses for going back to school". great job man. you have dispelled my opinion and turned it into mush. You and your buddies are gods of this forum and must have a temple built in your honor.
    One of the funniest posts ever..."Students don't study anymore"...

Seriously? How the **** do you know?
    08-13-10 04:42 PM
    what im saying is that it is inconsistent for you to claim that these phones are not selling well due to the fluctuations in the season when people are going out to buy new phones for back to school. this isnt a good explanation for why the torch is not selling well.

geez. ppl are not chill here. and yes, buying new phone is a very large purchase. i never said buying things like laptops, car and other stuff like that are not big purchases. but buying a phone is a big purchase, especially when you take into consideration of the data plan over the 2 year period.
    08-13-10 05:00 PM
    I don't see that this report is going to stop BB users from getting a Torch.
    08-13-10 05:03 PM
    I don't see that this report is going to stop BB users from getting a Torch.
    You are right but the whole point of the Torch was to stop losing existing BB users AND to attract users of other platforms. Let's see how that works out.
    08-13-10 05:06 PM
    You are right but the whole point of the Torch was to stop losing existing BB users AND to attract users of other platforms. Let's see how that works out.
    Well I for one am going from the iPhone to the Torch. So count me in.
    08-13-10 05:08 PM
    Well I for one am going from the iPhone to the Torch. So count me in.
    bahaha!
    08-13-10 05:46 PM
    excuses excuses
    08-13-10 05:56 PM
    If you are bothered by the iPhone's popularity relative to the Torch, look at Washington DC. We had a popularity contest a couple years back and popular is clearly not synonymous with better.
    08-13-10 06:01 PM
    It has been one day since the Official Launch and it is not selling well???
    08-13-10 06:14 PM
    Uum, is anyone honestly supposed to be surprised by this? Apple releases how many phones per year compared to RIM or Android? Obviously an iPhone launch will be huge compared to the Torch, when RIM has already released several other models.
    08-13-10 06:15 PM
    are YOU ( everyone in this forum) really comparing the marketing done with the iphone.. Droid and Torch? have you counted the ads, TV commercial and all around hype that was built before the release of the 2 phones being put head to head with the Torch?
    08-13-10 06:16 PM
    You really are a pathetic troll. Just love to get those jabs in against RIM even though you have absolutely no clue whatsoever of what you're talking about. I'll take a wild stab and say you're about, oh 15 or so. I may be a bit high there as apparently you haven't outgrown that childish behavior that comes in the tweener ages.
    08-13-10 06:29 PM
    I don't care if only one torch was sold since launch day and it was the one I bought. I have it and I'm happy, I don't get any money from torch sales so why would I care if they sold 1 or 1 million? I buy what I want and like, not what's popular or sells more.
    08-13-10 06:40 PM
    Now there's a useless response.
    08-13-10 07:00 PM
    I don't care if only one torch was sold since launch day and it was the one I bought. I have it and I'm happy, I don't get any money from torch sales so why would I care if they sold 1 or 1 million? I buy what I want and like, not what's popular or sells more.
    +1

Amen...
    08-13-10 08:01 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD