So here's the deal: I have found that the included BlackBerry cleaning cloth works great at cleaning the finger prints off of my Torch. I thought it was just a micro-fiber cloth, but I have tried several other ones (from eye glass places) and they just do not do as good of a job as the OEM one. Does anyone know if i can order more RIM ones, or a really good substitute? Thanks.
    08-20-10 01:20 PM
    So here's the deal: I have found that the included BlackBerry cleaning cloth works great at cleaning the finger prints off of my Torch. I thought it was just a micro-fiber cloth, but I have tried several other ones (from eye glass places) and they just do not do as good of a job as the OEM one. Does anyone know if i can order more RIM ones, or a really good substitute? Thanks.
    I agree, they're pretty durn good. I inadvertently kept one from one of the Torches I returned, so now I have two. I probably could have kept two more from the other two I returned.

So my advice to you is to keep exchanging Torches every day for the next 22 days left in the 30-day period, always keeping the cleaning cloth, and you'll be set for life.
    08-20-10 01:29 PM
    There aren't any OEM accessories out yet, but I'm sure RIM will sell them individually once they starting pushing the accessories.
    08-20-10 01:37 PM
    I agree, they're pretty durn good. I inadvertently kept one from one of the Torches I returned, so now I have two. I probably could have kept two more from the other two I returned.

So my advice to you is to keep exchanging Torches every day for the next 22 days left in the 30-day period, always keeping the cleaning cloth, and you'll be set for life.
    What a wonderful idea!!! Lol. Jas, you're silly.
    08-20-10 01:37 PM
    I agree with Jas' idea. ^_^
    08-20-10 03:34 PM
    don't return the cleaning cloth?
    i would have understand if it was the charger and the cable..
    but the cleaning cloth? really?
    08-20-10 03:36 PM
    The one you just got with the Torch is actually clean. Try tossing one of your other ones in the wash w/o fabric softener.
    08-20-10 03:54 PM
    The micro fiber cleaning bag that comes with Oakley sunglasses has been working good for me. You can get them for like 5 bucks...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 08:57 PM
    i'm using the 3M microfiber cloth..
    you can buy at target, staples, stop and shop etc..
    it comes in different colors as well
    08-20-10 09:00 PM
    i'm using the 3M microfiber cloth..
    you can buy at target, staples, stop and shop etc..
    it comes in different colors as well
    Good call.

Try a 3M microfiber cloth and you will be amazed at how well it works. It actually removes face oils in a couple swipes instead of smearing them like the microsuede cloth you get with the Torch. This used to be part of my job comparing the two
    08-20-10 09:09 PM
    I've found that 100% cotton works great on my Storm screen.
    08-20-10 09:12 PM
    Good call.

Try a 3M microfiber cloth and you will be amazed at how well it works. It actually removes face oils in a couple swipes instead of smearing them like the microsuede cloth you get with the Torch. This used to be part of my job comparing the two
    i totally agree with you regarding the oil from the face..
    that's why i have a screen protector since day 1 as well.
    08-20-10 09:15 PM
    The heck with all that. Just do like us Storm owners. Lick the screen and wipe it on yer shirt, lol
    08-20-10 09:32 PM
    The heck with all that. Just do like us Storm owners. Lick the screen and wipe it on yer shirt, lol
    uhmm.. i'd rather have someone else lick it for me
    now we're talking!
    08-20-10 09:39 PM
    uhmm.. i'd rather have someone else lick it for me
    now we're talking!
    You mean like this guy??

LOL
    08-20-10 09:45 PM
    I'm actually afraid to put a screen protector on it because the screen wipes cleanly very easily with just about anything. With a screen protector on my 9000 it would always have streaks no matter what I used. I can wipe the Torch on my shirt a couple times and it looks factory new.
    08-20-10 10:39 PM
    I'm actually afraid to put a screen protector on it because the screen wipes cleanly very easily with just about anything. With a screen protector on my 9000 it would always have streaks no matter what I used. I can wipe the Torch on my shirt a couple times and it looks factory new.
    lol...Right on! Hence my "100% cotton works great" comment..
    08-20-10 11:38 PM
    lol...Right on! Hence my "100% cotton works great" comment..
    It looks nearly the same to the human eye, but it's still pretty sick under a microscope after just wiping down with a T-shirt. At least the microsuede cloth that comes with the torch removes about twice as much oil and dirt particles as cotton
    Last edited by Spiral_ouT; 08-21-10 at 12:24 AM.
    08-21-10 12:07 AM
    You mean like this guy??

LOL
    ROTFL....oh wow
    08-21-10 07:51 AM
    I think id rather get the cloth. I just wish the phone would have come with a case instead of the cloth but the cloth is still good i like it.

08-21-10 07:52 AM
    The micro fiber cleaning bag that comes with Oakley sunglasses has been working good for me. You can get them for like 5 bucks...

I'm a lover of Oakley sunglasses, but I have to say that the cleaning cloths are no good. When I try to clean my sunglasses with it, it just smears oils and dust all over the lenses. . So I do not know about using it for the Torch...
    08-21-10 07:58 AM
    It looks nearly the same to the human eye, but it's still pretty sick under a microscope after just wiping down with a T-shirt. At least the microsuede cloth that comes with the torch removes about twice as much oil and dirt particles as cotton
    That's some next-level research! Nice work Spiral!
    08-21-10 09:22 AM
    This is great! A lickfest

Who needs microfiber

I guess that means I need to wash my shirts now too
    08-21-10 10:33 AM
    Hahahaha you guys are funny man...and I don't know if I could return the phone with a serious face just to double up on the cleaning cloths.
    08-21-10 04:58 PM
    Dude, you need a hobby, lol.
    08-21-10 06:24 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD