argh! the primary reason I opted for a crackberry over an iPhone or Droid was the "quality" of the alerts/reminders/alarms etc... but nowhere can I find an option to snooze a reminder for a variable amount of time.

when I get an event reminder, the options I am presented with are: a) open, b) dismiss, and c) snooze (for the default snoozetime I specified in the General Calendar Options)

but what i want is an additional option: d) pick a snooze time from a list. so for example if I had set a reminder for an hour before a meeting, I could snooze it for 30 minutes

even my lame old WinDoze phone could do this... anyone know how to accomplish this on the Torch? any kind of app that can do this?
    08-16-10 12:02 PM
    I was able to modify the snooze interval for Alerts.

Calendar>Options>Calendar Display and Actions

You can change snooze to max 30 min.
    08-18-10 08:02 AM
    I was able to modify the snooze interval for Alerts.
    nope, that only modifies the default snooze time - i.e., the snooze time that shows up on the reminder screen. per my original post, what I want is the option to choose from a range of snooze times from the reminder screen. see attached image from a WinDoze machine, or here (in case attached images don't work - http://lakesofwhiteoak.com/test/snooze.bmp
    08-18-10 09:21 AM
    yeah I only ever had a WniMo phone before my BBs and you cant do it on a BB... I am the same way though... I like to have the option to snooze a various times... i just keep hitting the snooze.
    08-18-10 09:28 AM
    08-18-10 01:03 PM
    Downloading as I type...... Thanks!
    08-18-10 01:47 PM
    MiniBB - from the web-site it appears that this only allows custom snoozes for alarms you set, not form ones generated within the calendar. can you clarify if this program also allows one to have custom snooze times for event reminders (i.e., do i get a menu to choose from when I get a reminder alert for an appointment I set-up in the calendar)?

TrueHappiness - please report back as to whether or not it works on the Torch
    08-18-10 02:43 PM
    quick update...

a public beta of the PocketInformant calendar is now out that works on the Torch and supports custom snooze options for event and task reminders - although it does not include the awesome "Remind 5 minutes before" that WinMo has. if you want custom snooze options AND a better, more customizable calendar than the default BB one (albeit not as pretty), I highly recommend it.

Pocket Informant for BlackBerry 2.11 - WebIS, Inc. Forums

WARNING (added 9/2/10) - if you set-up PocketInformant to handle alarms, all alarms are removed from the BB calendar database (in order to avoid getting two alarms) - so if you subsequently sync your device to outlook ALL of your alarms will be removed from outlook. see Alert/reminders not syncing - WebIS, Inc. Forums
    Last edited by somainer; 09-02-10 at 12:17 PM.
    08-24-10 03:05 PM
    Bump! Anyone discover an app or workaround that will allow one to set rminder time on the fly? To recap, when a reminder for a calendar event or task pops up, I want to have a menu to choose from that includes a list of snooze times (not just the default), especially "snooze until 5 minutes before"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 06:02 AM
    What I am doing if I need to snooze an alarm for longer than the preset is select open and then select a new time (or date) and resaving.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-10 09:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD