Best buy mobile are selling 9800 for 149 as long as we pre order and the phone would be available the 12th too. Sounds like a good deal ! Anyone else know of other places - cheaper ?
    08-06-10 12:41 PM
    Best buy mobile are selling 9800 for 149 as long as we pre order and the phone would be available the 12th too. Sounds like a good deal ! Anyone else know of other places - cheaper ?
    where r u located i just went into my local best buy and the guy had no clue about the 9800 coming out. i definitely would buy one for 50 dollars less from best buy i love their accident plans
    08-06-10 01:15 PM
    where did you find this info?

none of the Best Buys in my area have anything they've been able to provide regarding this phone.
    08-06-10 01:16 PM
    I got this info from a best buy mobile rep in Whitehall, PA.
    08-06-10 01:19 PM
    Preorders for BlackBerry Torch 9800 Available at Best Buy Mobile | PocketBerry

I couldn't find it for the $149 price though. I just called my local BB and was told they haven't heard anything about pre-orders yet. Maybe in a couple of days.
    08-06-10 01:21 PM
    I saw 199.99 in another article.
    08-06-10 01:23 PM
    Just got off the phone with another BB that's close to me and was told no. When I told him that it's all over the internet that they're doing pre-orders now, he said hold on a sec. Then said yes they're doing pre-orders. It's $199.99 and a $50 deposit to hold it that gets returned in a $50 BB gift card.
    08-06-10 01:26 PM
    I won't be in town for my local best buy to put downa pre order. Anyone know how i can do one over the phone? I just called my local best buy and they won't let me.
    08-06-10 01:43 PM
    I won't be in town for my local best buy to put downa pre order. Anyone know how i can do one over the phone? I just called my local best buy and they won't let me.
    Not sure if you can do it over the phone. You're supposed to be able to do it on their website, but so far I haven't found it. Anyone?
    08-06-10 01:49 PM
    I've been wondering if Best Buy was going to have it on the 12th, guess I'll have to head over there today and see what gives.
    08-06-10 01:50 PM
    It's $199.99 and a $50 deposit to hold it that gets returned in a $50 BB gift card.
    This is exactly it. I just came from Best Buy and did the pre-order (was told I was the first person to do so). The price will be $199, they charge you $50 but give you a $50 gift card with your receipt so you can use it on the phone when you go back and pick it up.
    08-06-10 02:21 PM
    Ok guys, here's what I got from the guy in my town. He said that I would have to come down there and do it and it is only on pre orders. This much I was told for sure though - they will have it on the 12th. I was told that HE is giving it to me so I'm thinking it is at their discretion. This gentleman knows me pretty well because I've bought about 6 blackberrys from him so far. If he is able to drop it down to 149 - how much more can we push for ? I wonder !!
    08-06-10 02:25 PM
    This is exactly it. I just came from Best Buy and did the pre-order (was told I was the first person to do so). The price will be $199, they charge you $50 but give you a $50 gift card with your receipt so you can use it on the phone when you go back and pick it up.
    Thanks! Glad to know that someone was able to do this successfully. I'll be heading there tonight. I just wish we could pre-order online to save the trip to the store. I hope BB is going to have cases or screen protectors so I can put that $50 GC to good use.
    08-06-10 02:27 PM
    I was just at my local Best Buy store - the rep said they were doing the pre-orders as of tomorrow and would have the accessories out on the 11th.
    08-06-10 02:53 PM
    The 9800 costs $499 with no contract at AT&T.

I guess at Bestbuy it will be the same price?

-Rich
    08-06-10 03:16 PM
    I need help figuring out how to pre-ordering the torch on line. Ca I start a new thread even though it is mentioned I this thread? I am just concerned that people won't know to help since this thread is titled cheaper to buy at best buy. Moderators please let me know.
    08-06-10 03:19 PM
    The 9800 costs $499 with no contract at AT&T.

I guess at Bestbuy it will be the same price?

-Rich
    I've noticed with some of the phones its actually higher no contract at best buy than buying it at the carrier.
    08-06-10 03:23 PM
    i also just came back from Best Buy.

i was their first preorder.

i paid a $50 deposit, and they gave me a $50 gift card. they'll call and setup an appointment when the phone arrives.

not sure what the whole appointment thing is about, but the guy said i'd be their first one.
    08-06-10 03:55 PM
    Just called my local (Vero Beach Fl) Best Buy and spoke to someone in charge of the mobile phone section. They told me they have not heard anything yet about a pre order program for the 9800 Torch.

I will keep checking with them over the weekend. Will post an update if I am told there will be a pre order program on the 9800 at BB.
    08-06-10 04:12 PM
    I checked my upgrade status at the ATT website and it offered me a $50.00 dollar discount for ordering it from the website. Haven't decided but may go that route.
    08-06-10 04:12 PM
    Yeah I usually buy through the carrier, I get $100 off but i'll wait a few weeks before I upgrade.
    08-06-10 04:30 PM
    i also just came back from Best Buy.

i was their first preorder.

i paid a $50 deposit, and they gave me a $50 gift card. they'll call and setup an appointment when the phone arrives.

not sure what the whole appointment thing is about, but the guy said i'd be their first one.
    I also just got back from Best Buy, paid the $50 deposit and got the gift card. I was the first one to pre-order at my BB too. He told me their making appointments so they're not overrun with people on Thursday.
    08-06-10 07:23 PM
    I also just got back from Best Buy, paid the $50 deposit and got the gift card. I was the first one to pre-order at my BB too. He told me their making appointments so they're not overrun with people on Thursday.
    An appointment to buy a cell phone? I don't think they will be overrun when it drops......

And what happens if say....the shipment doesn't arrive on time....there's gonna be some unhappy campers when they show for their appointment...haha
    08-06-10 07:26 PM
    Just called my local (Vero Beach Fl) Best Buy and spoke to someone in charge of the mobile phone section. They told me they have not heard anything yet about a pre order program for the 9800 Torch.

I will keep checking with them over the weekend. Will post an update if I am told there will be a pre order program on the 9800 at BB.
    Please come back with an update when you have one. I fly into Florida on 11 Aug (from UK) and would love to pick one up out of contract.
    Holiday and a new Blackberry.....wow that will be great
    08-07-10 12:06 PM
    Just got off the phone with another BB that's close to me and was told no. When I told him that it's all over the internet that they're doing pre-orders now, he said hold on a sec. Then said yes they're doing pre-orders. It's $199.99 and a $50 deposit to hold it that gets returned in a $50 BB gift card.
    Ok, just to clarify. The phone is 199.99. You pay $50 deposit to hold the phone and they in return give you a $50.00 GC. WHen you pick up the phone are you then paying the remaining 149.00? Or 149.00 + using the $50.00 GC for a total of 199.00.

BTW, stopped in at BestBuy this afternoon, they were totally clueless about the phone, pricing and pre-order, even though they had signs up about the pre-order.
    08-07-10 03:52 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD