I just wanted to see if anyone else thought the placement for the charging port should have been higher like on most of the previous (i only know the 9000) BBs. I was trying to type while it was charging, and it was kind of awkward to hold because the charging port is in the middle of my hand.

I also noticed that the port is very sensitive. While trying to type, I noticed that the battery would pop up and then dissapear. When I took a closer look at what happened when I touched the cord, it simply switched from charging to non-charging.

I am able to duplicate this with the charger... This and the "wiggle" on the screen are making me take this back, to see if I can exchange it for a better built Torch.

Anyone else notice something like this with the port?
    08-15-10 02:55 PM
    The charging port position is my one real gripe about this otherwise almost perfect phone. It would be much better if it was closer to the top more like my 9000 was.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:31 PM
    Yes, extremely poor placement of the port. That and the fact that it's micro USB which is very cheesy and fragile compared to mini USB. In a perfect world they would have put a mini USB port higher up on the side far away from the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 03:36 PM
    I agree the charging port is in a less than desireable location. I was also initially not thrilled about having no chargning contacts like my 9700 to drop it in a pod but the Torch pod is pretty cool and should do just fine. I should be getting the two that I ordered this week, one for the office and one for home. The good thing is that you can still use your 9700 travel charger, USB cable and car chargers.
    08-15-10 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD