Having an issue with the charger port on my 9800. Seems to work when it feels like it.
    Anybody having issues with the charging port?
    I called waranty support (800) 801-1101 and the response was to wipe the device, and do a selective app install. If the issue reoccurs in the next 24 hour period, then I will be able to warranty swap the device...
    My thought is what in the fudge does wiping the device have to with the phone not charging?
    I could see if an app was causing the phone to crash, but nothing is the case, since there are ton of apps like linkedin and others that still don't work with OS6.
    10-14-10 12:04 PM
    No problems here.
    Fingers crossed
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 12:58 PM
    Phone overheating could cause it, which can be software related.
    10-14-10 01:00 PM
    I wish the phone was overheating, but it actually has to charge first and that is not happening at all.
    It is not software. It will work one minute and then if the phone rings or someone wakes up the phone, it will cease charging. I have held it in my hand, nothing. They want me to call from a landline and I have limited access to a landline, so I might just sell or trade this thing as I don't have the time to figure out what angle I need to prop the phone up to get it to charge.
    10-14-10 05:41 PM
    Same thing is happening to me. One test I have done is tethering through my usb cable to my laptop. Even when it's not charging, it's tethering fine. This tells me that it's not a hardware issue with the port. I'm sure of this because I've gone through 3 Torches, and all three had the same problem. It might be software related. I'm trying to get to the bottom of it because it's definitely not acceptable and not normal.
    10-16-10 10:21 PM
    I had the same problem as you. Try using a standard (one piece) micro-usb charger. For some reason the standard Torch charger wiggled and did not fit properly.
    10-16-10 10:37 PM
    I had the same problem as you. Try using a standard (one piece) micro-usb charger. For some reason the standard Torch charger wiggled and did not fit properly.
    I have three OEM BlackBerry charges, and 3 OEM USB cables, all of them yield the same result. I wish it was just my cables though..
    10-16-10 10:39 PM
    Ah sorry to hear that! I'm also using a dock now and it seems to work fine.
    10-16-10 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD