I have my torch set up so that when my phone is charging it automatically goes into the phone only profile. Once my phone is fully charged it switches back to whatever profile was selected before bedside mode even tho it's still in the dock. Is that normal? Shouldn't it remain in bedside mode until I remove it from the dock?

Its kind of annoying when I put it in the dock before bed and it goes into bedside mode, but at some point it becomes fully charged and it comes out of bedside mode, then I get woken up at 6am from spam email, lol.

Its not a big deal because I can put it in phone only before I put it in the doc, but then that defeats the option of having it change sound profiles when entering bedside.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 12:41 AM
    The only reason it would switch out of your "bedside mode" profile is if you leave bedside mode...are you saying that your phone leaves bedside mode when it's done charging?
    09-14-10 09:48 AM
    Sounds like you have the time restriction set. The phone will go into bedside mode when charging during the hours set but will come out of it if the phone is on the dock past the time set in the restrictions.
    09-14-10 11:36 AM
    The only reason it would switch out of your "bedside mode" profile is if you leave bedside mode...are you saying that your phone leaves bedside mode when it's done charging?
    Yes, however I just realized something. I have quickpull pro installed and it set to restart daily at 6:30am. I'm sure the phone is done charging by 6:30am. Could it be that once it restarts, it doesn't register as charging because the battery is full even tho its in the dock so it doesn't enter bedside mode? I'm gonna have to change the quikpull scheduled time and see what happens. I never had this problem with the BB bold 9000. The bold would restart and go right back into bedside once rebooted.

Time restriction is definately not set.

09-14-10 12:15 PM
    No it should kick back in bedside mode. During the reboot it uses power from the battery. Thus causing it to go back in charge.
    09-14-10 12:20 PM
    Yes, however I just realized something. I have quickpull pro installed and it set to restart daily at 6:30am. I'm sure the phone is done charging by 6:30am. Could it be that once it restarts, it doesn't register as charging because the battery is full even tho its in the dock so it doesn't enter bedside mode? I'm gonna have to change the quikpull scheduled time and see what happens. I never had this problem with the BB bold 9000. The bold would restart and go right back into bedside once rebooted.

Time restriction is definately not set.
    Next test:

When you wake up, is your phone displaying the clock as it should? Is it not dimmed as it should be in bedside mode and the 4 hardware keys are lit up? When you hit the back button does it ask to take you out of bedside mode?

Oh and I just thought of something - do you have it set to "When Charging: Enter Bedside Mode"? I assume when Quickpull reboots your phone if you don't have it set to that, it won't launch the clock AND enter bedside mode automatically.
    09-14-10 12:25 PM
    When I wake my phone is showing the home screen which means for some reason its coming out of bedside on its own. Also because usually an email or espn update text msg wakes me up...which means the profile is no longer on phone only. I have the phone set to enter bedside mode when charging and when in bedside mode to automatically change the profile to phone only.

On a side note, is it or me or does the clock seem bright even when it is dimmed?

09-14-10 12:51 PM
    When I wake my phone is showing the home screen which means for some reason its coming out of bedside on its own. Also because usually an email or espn update text msg wakes me up...which means the profile is no longer on phone only. I have the phone set to enter bedside mode when charging and when in bedside mode to automatically change the profile to phone only.

On a side note, is it or me or does the clock seem bright even when it is dimmed?
    Why don't you simulate the problem on your own - put the phone in bedside mode in the pod with a quickpull scheduled for a minute or two later. See what happens when it boots up.

And yes it's still kind of bright when dimmed - yet so much brighter when not! I never noticed it until I got the charging pod because the screen was never pointed right at me.
    09-14-10 01:05 PM
    I'm gonna try doing that later when I get home from work. Ill report back. Ill do it 2 ways...once when the battery is not fully charged and the other when it is fully charged.

Exactly! I noticed it when I got the dock too (because its angled towards me as well) and I noticed my shadow on the wall when I turned over in bed, haha.

09-14-10 01:11 PM
    Quite possibly then QuickPull has something to do with it. Even if it's not determined to be what's causing the problem, I would suggest not using it at all anyway as there really is no point in a daily battery pull on the Torch.
    09-14-10 02:46 PM
    I tried putting it in the dock and setting quickpull for a minute later. Torch 50% battery. "Restarting in 5 second..." Box showed up...but never restarted...I waited 20 minutes.

This morning quickpull wasn't scheduled.

I use the stereo in my room and my blackberry as an alarm in the morning. My blackberry is set to go off 4 minutes before the stereo. Its my way of making sure I get up in the morning because I have a habit of going back to sleep after the bb alarm goes off. Sometimes I don't even realize I hit dismiss, lol.

This morning, I hit dismiss, and before I even put my head back down on the pillow, I got an email...and the phone was in loud. I wonder if u hit dismiss, it exits bedside mode? I gotta play with this more later. My old bold was in bedside no matter what until it came off the dock...

09-15-10 09:20 AM
    I think you are onto something about the alarm. I, too, have noticed that when you hit dismiss, or even snooze for that matter, the phone appears to exit bedside mode. It does, however, keep the clock on the screen. The evidence that it exited bedside mode is that the 4 main key lights come on when the alarm is dismissed, and they stay on until something else is done. So, this morning I dismissed the alarm, noted the lights on, then clicked the BB menu button and selected "Enter Bedside Mode". The 4 main lights turned off.

I suspect that this is a bug in the software. My Bold 9000 did not react this way (meaning, it would stay in bedside mode as long as it was in the charging pod or as long as I did not manually take it out of bedside mode.)

C

BTW: I really like the search function on this site. Helped me find this thread. :-)
    09-20-10 08:09 AM
    I think you are onto something about the alarm. I, too, have noticed that when you hit dismiss, or even snooze for that matter, the phone appears to exit bedside mode. It does, however, keep the clock on the screen. The evidence that it exited bedside mode is that the 4 main key lights come on when the alarm is dismissed, and they stay on until something else is done. So, this morning I dismissed the alarm, noted the lights on, then clicked the BB menu button and selected "Enter Bedside Mode". The 4 main lights turned off.

I suspect that this is a bug in the software. My Bold 9000 did not react this way (meaning, it would stay in bedside mode as long as it was in the charging pod or as long as I did not manually take it out of bedside mode.)

C

BTW: I really like the search function on this site. Helped me find this thread. :-)
    I'm not convinced it's a bug - I have noticed it too - and it does seem to make sense that when I dismiss my alarm, bedside mode goes off. I can't recall a situation where I wanted to stay in bedside mode after I dismissed the alarm and so this saves me the extra step of confirming that I want to exit bedside mode.
    09-20-10 09:00 AM
    I'm not convinced it's a bug - I have noticed it too - and it does seem to make sense that when I dismiss my alarm, bedside mode goes off. I can't recall a situation where I wanted to stay in bedside mode after I dismissed the alarm and so this saves me the extra step of confirming that I want to exit bedside mode.
    I am not totally sure if it is a bug either. Just a guess on my part. I have set my Torch to enter bedside mode when it is plugged into a power source. In turn, I would want it to stay in bedside mode until I either remove it from the power source or I use the menu to exit the mode. This is the way it worked with the Bold 9000. I have not looked at the help files for the bedside mode or the clock to see if it is working correctly.

I guess it is all in what you are used to. If it is not a bug, then it is certainly not the way I was expecting it to work. Either way it is not a big problem for me.

C
    09-20-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD