I got a new Z10 today. YAY!!! Anyway, I am passing my 9800 down to my teenage son to use. I have switched the numbers ad all that stuff at the ATT store. The phone is live. I transferred data over to my Z10 and it is up and running. I'm trying to set up BBM on the 9800 for my son. I created a BBID for him and verified it. Whenever I click into BBM, it tells me that my(Mom) BBID is not associated with this device(9800) and do I want to switch. Well, no I don't. I need to have the 9800 associate with my son's new BBID. I have no idea how!

Help!

Thanks!
    03-23-13 02:32 PM
    I got a new Z10 today. YAY!!! Anyway, I am passing my 9800 down to my teenage son to use. I have switched the numbers ad all that stuff at the ATT store. The phone is live. I transferred data over to my Z10 and it is up and running. I'm trying to set up BBM on the 9800 for my son. I created a BBID for him and verified it. Whenever I click into BBM, it tells me that my(Mom) BBID is not associated with this device(9800) and do I want to switch. Well, no I don't. I need to have the 9800 associate with my son's new BBID. I have no idea how!

Help!

Thanks!
    From what I recall, a security wipe needs to be done which will allow the new BBID to be associated with the device.
    Mama2Many likes this.
    03-23-13 02:36 PM
    I was afraid of that. Would I be able to wipe, change the BBID and get the apps back that I have on the 9800?
    03-23-13 03:20 PM
    With the security wipe there is the option to leave the apps and just erase the user data. If you have any apps that are licenced, you will have to put the license key in again.

Once the security wipe is done the phone will reboot and start with a licence screen to agree to. After you get past that either search for BBID, or start BBM or AppWorld and it will ask you to login to BlackBerryID.

The first thing to do once setup is to get the latest BBM. With it you will be able to BBM voice chat with him if he is on wifi.
    03-23-13 03:38 PM