- CrackBerry Abuser
- 288 Posts
I got a new Z10 today. YAY!!! Anyway, I am passing my 9800 down to my teenage son to use. I have switched the numbers ad all that stuff at the ATT store. The phone is live. I transferred data over to my Z10 and it is up and running. I'm trying to set up BBM on the 9800 for my son. I created a BBID for him and verified it. Whenever I click into BBM, it tells me that my(Mom) BBID is not associated with this device(9800) and do I want to switch. Well, no I don't. I need to have the 9800 associate with my son's new BBID. I have no idea how!
- 03-23-13, 02:36 PM #2July 28, 2015.
Her weary hours and days of unrest
Her troubled nights are past
In my aching heart I know
Mom has found peace at last
Love you and miss you.
Take care mom. We will see one another someday.
- CrackBerry Genius
03-23-13, 03:38 PM #4
- 4,117 Posts
With the security wipe there is the option to leave the apps and just erase the user data. If you have any apps that are licenced, you will have to put the license key in again.
Once the security wipe is done the phone will reboot and start with a licence screen to agree to. After you get past that either search for BBID, or start BBM or AppWorld and it will ask you to login to BlackBerryID.
The first thing to do once setup is to get the latest BBM. With it you will be able to BBM voice chat with him if he is on wifi.
- By Laurenrainstick in forum BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900Replies: 1Last Post: 07-12-12, 09:11 AM
- By zaman59 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 5Last Post: 05-03-12, 09:26 AM
- By hunter_d in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 02-25-12, 12:23 AM
- By deRusett in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 52Last Post: 07-28-11, 12:26 PM
- By gourou76 in forum BlackBerry 87xx SeriesReplies: 2Last Post: 04-09-07, 01:16 PM