I was pretty close to him during his talk today, and I spotted he pulled out his Torch before the talk.

Interesting to know that Torch is actually being used by big CEO's, cuz I thought they were probably still using the old-school candy-bar style BB's.

Anyway, I just wonder if he knows the battery-pull trick when he encounters bugs (and there certainly are many bugs for early Torch OS...).

04-05-11 09:56 PM
    a guy like that has people to help him with those types of issues...
    04-06-11 10:55 AM
    a guy like that has people to help him with those types of issues...
    Hahaha, but imagine that he goes to his IT team 5 times a day for battery pull...

I bet the IT tweaked the OS for him somehow, maybe a more robust variant of OS6.
    04-06-11 11:08 AM
    I find that a battery pull is only needed once or twice a month. M phone has been very stable & reliable. There is no tweaking of the OS done by IT staff - trust me on this one.
    04-06-11 11:18 AM
    That's pretty cool
    04-06-11 06:53 PM
    this is huge
    04-06-11 07:21 PM
    I find that a battery pull is only needed once or twice a month. M phone has been very stable & reliable. There is no tweaking of the OS done by IT staff - trust me on this one.
    Haha seriously? When I got my Torch it got a bunch of tiny bugs... not critical but still annoying. Now I upgraded to .526 and there are several major bugs...

Let's hope the QNX OS7 or 6.1 is gonna be out soon...
    04-06-11 07:49 PM
    What glitches exactly? The only issue I've seen so far with .526 is with the mobile Crackberry forum, and that's as much a site issue as it is an OS issue.
    04-07-11 12:29 AM
    Exactly only problem with .526 is crackberry forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    pjmacklin likes this.
    04-07-11 07:40 AM
    What glitches exactly? The only issue I've seen so far with .526 is with the mobile Crackberry forum, and that's as much a site issue as it is an OS issue.
    #1 Very often it cannot display a webpage correctly, meaning that some blocks of letters were invisible (just blank). Have to restart. Not just one site, several sites, and .227 could display the sites without any glitch.

#2 Once night I put it on the cradle and somehow it died during the night. I woke up by myself finding the cellphone was off and mysteriously I could not started it unless I did a battery pull. Almost made me miss a few important meetings.

#3 Data connection not smooth. Sometimes you see there is full bar but your BBM messages just cannot get sent. And sometimes it drains battery.

#4 If you click the top date/time bar, then you can see your alarm time if your alarm is turned on. But now, if your alarm is on, then when you click the top date/time bar you can only see something like "Alarm ON (". There is no time of the alarm... Kinda weird.

hmmm.. what happened. I didn't do a clean reinstallation but in the past it worked like a charm...
    04-07-11 02:38 PM
    now I feel a lot better
    04-07-11 02:48 PM
    Well no surprise there. Probably because its the best looking BB out there in the market (my opinion) and does everything a Blackberry should do and better. My program coordinator and dean of my college both use Torches. Love my Torch as well and would never go back to a candy-bar form factor. Went into a local Rogers store yesterday and picked up a 9780, man did it look and feel tiny lol.

04-07-11 03:18 PM
    Well no surprise there. Probably because its the best looking BB out there in the market (my opinion) and does everything a Blackberry should do and better. My program coordinator and dean of my college both use Torches. Love my Torch as well and would never go back to a candy-bar form factor. Went into a local Rogers store yesterday and picked up a 9780, man did it look and feel tiny lol.

Hmmm... well, I am certainly looking forward to the Bold Touch. I am a bit disappointed by Torch because the lock screen button is too easily pressed every time I put it in my pocket. After one year with Torch, I found myself use the keyboard & trackpad more often than the touchscreen. Guess it's just too inconvenient to slide out the keyboard first then type.
    04-07-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD