I don't have the option to send or share photos from my 9800. This was pretty easy to do on my 9700.

If I open a picture (all stored on my memory card), the only options I have when looking at the photo are switch application, options, help and close. Options only has to do with the media player settings.

If I press the options key while look at a photo, the options are switch application, copy, rename, properties, delete, view slide show, set as wallpaper, assign to contact, rotate, zoom, media home, options, help and close. Options takes me to the media options page.

If I try to attach a picture from an email, I press the options key and get attach picture. I select the picture and the picture opens up. There is no option to accept the open picture.

It looks like I am missing the send icon in this video:

I am missing the send icon on the toolbar in this video:

10-01-10 12:21 AM
    Are you using encryption on your media card? Or is it a BES phone where your IT department might have locked down that feature? There's another thread around here about those menu choices missing.
    10-01-10 12:49 AM
    I dunno if this is your problem but before it used to send as mms and now it says to send as a text message

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 02:28 AM
    Are you using encryption on your media card? Or is it a BES phone where your IT department might have locked down that feature? There's another thread around here about those menu choices missing.
    Thanks for your reply. I am on BIS and the media card has encryption on it. I wiped the phone in case it was a 3rd party app. I removed the media card. The ability to email pictures returned.

The pictures that I emailed were on the phone. I then installed the memory card and could not email any of the pictures that were on the card but not taken by the 9800. So it does look like an encryption issue.
    10-01-10 03:30 AM
    guess you learn something new everyday!
    10-01-10 11:43 AM
    guess you learn something new everyday!
    Yup!! Problem solved. Encrypting media files prevents them from being emailed from the device.
    10-01-10 07:53 PM
    No idea why this should have started being the case now! This has never been the case before. I've always been able to email encrypted camera photos with not problems on previous devices..

Must be a bug in the v6.0.0.246, maybe? Some others with the same OS and same device as mine are not having this issue.. Any other ideas?

Yup!! Problem solved. Encrypting media files prevents them from being emailed from the device.
    11-04-10 09:16 AM
    I have the same issue with encryption. I disabled it but I still cannot send the picture. Because it was taken with encryption, is it forever locked?
    11-20-10 08:36 PM
    11-20-10 09:57 PM
    Ok, I turned encryption off and it's working for all pics taken since the change. My prev pics are locked forever. All sizes working. Pics from int mem and card working.
    11-21-10 09:29 AM
    Hi, I'm using a Bold 9780 since a week with OS 6.0.0.294 and have the same issue.
    Due to company security policy, all media on SD card is encrypted and therefore can't send any mail from that. When I changed the storage location for pictures to internal phone memory (not encrypted), it works! and I'm able to send pictures..
    Never had that issue before with the Curve 8900.

I do hope the new OS 6 release will resolve this issue...
    02-22-11 08:47 AM
    ^ You might ask your company BES Admin why the policy enables encryption on the media card but not the device memory. It seems like an odd choice to do one and not the other. It's likely a legacy GPO which worked fine for older devices that had little to no device memory. They should update the security policy.

On the other hand, you might be better off saying nothing as it may be an oversight and they could encrypt the device memory on you too.
    02-22-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD