Hi everyone,

I'm a new Torch user, just got it this morning. I've spend most of the day setting everything up and, and everything seemed to be going great. However, I noticed a really bad problem suddenly.

When I go into videos, I have all sorts of trouble. The only video that actually works, is the preloaded one "ILWID" (I love what I do, music video thing). Now, I took a video earlier just testing things out and it seemed fine.

Now, however, NONE of the videos I have on there beside that one, can be seen! I see the thumbnails, can access them, and I can even hear the audio! The problem is, the screen is completely messed up as though it is corrupted. All rainbowish colored and everything. Then, when I go to TAKE a video, it's the same thing! The view is completely messed up. I've only been able to fix the problem by going into options and setting the video size to MMS standard. When I do that I can see what I'm recording. Yet to play it back, it's messed up yet again.

Has anyone had this problem before, and PLEASE if anyone can help me with this I would truly appreciate it! I noticed Youtube videos do the same thing to me. It's just videos, not pictures or anything else as far as I can tell.

Thank you so much, in advance, for any and all help!

~Michael
    04-15-11 05:24 PM
    Maybe try a battery pull or hard reset and try again. If that doesn't work try updating your phone to see if there is a new update and that might fix it.
    04-15-11 05:55 PM
    Hi everyone,

I'm a new Torch user, just got it this morning. I've spend most of the day setting everything up and, and everything seemed to be going great. However, I noticed a really bad problem suddenly.

When I go into videos, I have all sorts of trouble. The only video that actually works, is the preloaded one "ILWID" (I love what I do, music video thing). Now, I took a video earlier just testing things out and it seemed fine.

Now, however, NONE of the videos I have on there beside that one, can be seen! I see the thumbnails, can access them, and I can even hear the audio! The problem is, the screen is completely messed up as though it is corrupted. All rainbowish colored and everything. Then, when I go to TAKE a video, it's the same thing! The view is completely messed up. I've only been able to fix the problem by going into options and setting the video size to MMS standard. When I do that I can see what I'm recording. Yet to play it back, it's messed up yet again.

Has anyone had this problem before, and PLEASE if anyone can help me with this I would truly appreciate it! I noticed Youtube videos do the same thing to me. It's just videos, not pictures or anything else as far as I can tell.

Thank you so much, in advance, for any and all help!

~Michael
    Michael, who is your carrier? If it is AT&T, you will soon have an upgrade to the OS coming your way, if you haven't already received notification. There is a thread on this forum about it. Either through Desktop Manager (DM) or Over The Air (OTA), this update might address the issue you are having.
    04-16-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD