I have one "main" gmail account say [email protected]. I have another (actually several other) gmail accounts say [email protected] for which I setup, from within [email protected], "check mail using POP3".

The second gmail account is linked to my BB (but *not* [email protected]). When I receive emails to this second account it shows up fine everywhere ie BB, [email protected] and [email protected] (such emails are labelled as [email protected]). However when I send an email from my BB from the [email protected] account it shows up everywhere except it doesn't appear in [email protected] (in the labelled emails called [email protected]). Does this make sense?

This isn't good as then I cannot do a complete search from [email protected] for a specific email which had been sent from my BB via [email protected].
    04-06-11 06:12 AM
    Are you referring to storing it in sent items on the gmail website, or on your device?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 09:42 AM
    Are you referring to storing it in sent items on the gmail website, or on your device?
    Sorry I know my OP was convoluted but yes I am unable to see emails sent from my BB from my [email protected] account in the [email protected] (within the label "[email protected]"....via "check mail using POP3").
    04-06-11 10:58 AM
    So when you send from email#2, it is not being displayed as being sent in email#1, of course it does not. You need to BCC it to email#1
    04-06-11 03:12 PM
    if I understand your situation correctly, it totally makes sense as the [email protected] is not connected to the berry in any way. therefore, messages will not arrive from it, refer to it, or be sent to the bb through it.
    04-06-11 04:09 PM
    So when you send from email#2, it is not being displayed as being sent in email#1, of course it does not. You need to BCC it to email#1
    in setup > email accounts > choose [email protected] > edit > delivery options > auto bcc > add [email protected] and it will auto bcc every message and reply sent from second to main.

hope that helps.
    04-06-11 04:13 PM
    The Gmail App allows you to switch between multiple Gmail accounts so you can switch to see all folders/lables in the "other" mailbox.

I used it for a long time on my 9000 but did get duplicate notification from the BIS inbox and the Gmail app. I've not installed it on my 9800.
    04-06-11 05:40 PM
    if I understand your situation correctly, it totally makes sense as the [email protected] is not connected to the berry in any way. therefore, messages will not arrive from it, refer to it, or be sent to the bb through it.
    I bet I am not being clear. And I am not sure if this is any better :

Forget the BB for a sec. I have always been able to "see" [email protected] via [email protected] as within [email protected] I had set it to Check [email protected] using POP3....you know that option in gmail.

And so as a consequence I am able to see any email sent from [email protected] from within [email protected].

Now put the BB into the mix.

[email protected] is an account tied to the BB. Any email I receive to this address appears on my BB and of course in the online account and so correspondingly in a folder i.e. label in [email protected] (due to POP3 setup as described above). So why when I send an email using my BB from the [email protected] it doesnt show in the main account?
    04-06-11 06:47 PM
    I think I understand you now. When sending mail from bb it does not show in the main account, right (only in the second)?

And the only thing you did different was not install the gmail app on the torch, right?

Have you tried installing it? Maybe the option was in the app.

Have you checked the options in gmail?

Maybe there are some gmail users who could chime in with thoughts and suggestions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-11 12:10 AM
    I think I understand you now. When sending mail from bb it does not show in the main account, right (only in the second)?
    That is correct.

And the only thing you did different was not install the gmail app on the torch, right?
    I do not have the gmail app on the Torch as it was my understanding that BIS setup via the internet was just fine.

Have you checked the options in gmail?
    I am not sure which/what option(s) that would be applicable from within Gmail.

Maybe there are some gmail users who could chime in with thoughts and suggestions.
    I am hoping.
    04-07-11 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD