I have a friend with an iPhone and everytime he tries to send me a picture, my Torch basically freaks out and won't let me open up the SMS thread. I had a Bold 9000 before my Torch and I couldn't get MMS from him then either. Is there anyway to fix this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 04:15 PM
    Not sure on settings, unless the way it is being sent.. My wife has Iphone and I don't have any problem receiving MMS on my 9800 now or 9700 when I was using it
    02-04-11 10:46 PM
    ^ i also have a wife. She also has an iphone. iphone 4 to be exact.
    No problems with her sending MMS.

back to the OP.. can you be more specific how he/she is sending the MMS?
    i believe the problem is from his end.
    02-04-11 11:07 PM
    His iPhone is a first generation but I don't know if that matters or not. He just sends it from his text thread like he does with everyone else. I used to get a box with a red X on it when he sent me pictures on my 9000.

02-04-11 11:33 PM
    As marketed, The BlackBerry is a Smartphone, the Torch arguably the brightest of the bunch. As a Smartphone, not only is it able to tell that the incoming MMS is from an iPhone - and immediately reject it ... Because it's Smart - it further knows that if the message is coming from the iPhone of the Spouse then it has to override its inherant instinct and accept the message - again, because it's Smart.

X
    02-04-11 11:49 PM
    ^ now that's funny!
    First generation iphone? I don't think it can send MMS.
    I started with a 3G then a 3GS after that. I remember the limitation of the 3G regarding not being able to copy and paste.
    Anyway, it will be helpful as well if you know the current OS he's running and if the phone is jailbroken or not.

02-05-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD