Since I did the first upgrade to the leaked .214 I haven't been able to attach files to anything, no email, mms, BBM, anything. I moved to .225, still the same issue. I copied the ATT service books from my wife's 9700 running OS5 as posted on the OS6 fix thread, reloaded those in, and nothing. I downgraded back to the orginal OS (.141) with a complete wipe and everything was working. Backed up those services books, upgraded to .246 and checked with no luck, still the same issue. I reloaded the .141 service books I backed up and still have the same issue still.
    I'm running out of options. Thinking of taking the phone back to ATT and getting a new one. Anyone have any ideas? I've searched but I can't find anyone with the same problem.
    09-22-10 09:06 AM
    Why are you tranferring SB files between devices? Install any OS you like but after choosing all the apps to install, click next then advanced options. Unckeck the box under the top radio button then select the lower radio button as well as check the box under it. Click next to complete the install. Sit back and watch.

After it completes, turn on the radio, from a PC login to the att BIS website and send the service books. After about 2 minutes Sync your organizer data via the DM. Now test and you should be good. Finish up installing all your apps and custom settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    wirakresna likes this.
    09-22-10 09:27 AM
    It's not transferring between devices. I can't attach pictures for example to send via MMS, email, BBM, nothing. No pictures, no files, no voice notes. Nothing. I'm currently on .246. Everything seems fine, just that particular issue.
    09-22-10 11:10 AM
    Do what shansmi says and re-send your service books from the AT&T BIS site. See if that changes things. You don't want to transfer service books from devices, just send yourself new ones.

Here's the site:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular

When you say things don't attach, what actually happens? Do you get an error message? I'm on .225 with no attachment issues.
    09-22-10 11:31 AM
    I don't see the option to attach anything. I open bbm and hit the attach icon and when i get to the picture i want to send i can't select it, i don't have the icon to select. I was able to attach a pic to a MMS message but the message was sent blank, nothing went out.
    09-22-10 12:39 PM
    Ok, so I just got the new service books and still nothing. ATT is telling me to do a master reset, which i did yesterday, and go from there. It worked fine yesterday when I downgraded to .141 even after I restored my stuff. But when I upgraded to .246 same deal, not working again. I don't want to do another reset and then load a new OS and have the same damn issue. I'm thinking of just getting a new phone. I can't stand .141. It's ridiculous, and it can't be the OS because I've had the issue on .214, .225, and now .246. I'm out of Ideas.
    09-22-10 01:34 PM
    It is the OS, not the device. You said you copied the service books off a 9700...

From reading you did not do as I instructed. Please try that and report back.

If you call 611 while running a leak they are just going to tel you to roll back to 141. No shocker there.

Create a new email and position your cursor in email body. Hit the BB Menu key and choose "attach". You should get a list of things you can attach.

From BBM select a group, pictures, share picture. follow the prompts. For a BBM single contact, open up a chat with that contact and hit the BB Menu key. Select "send" to get a list of what you can send.

From within Media, go to Pictures and what every category/folder you want. Select an unlocked picture. Hit the BB Menu key and select "Send". You should get a list of option of how you can send out the pic.

Your saying none of these options are there?
    Last edited by shansmi; 09-22-10 at 04:20 PM.
    09-22-10 04:11 PM
    The options are there, the problem is it will not select the picture, it should be the first icon on the left to select an item but it will not let me select anything. It's very strange. I have the service books from the original OS when I downgraded still nothing. ATT pushed new service books to the phone still nothing. I will go home now and try again what you said.
    09-22-10 04:57 PM
    I don't get an icon to select/attach either but it works if I touch the file. Once I touch it, it goes back to the message with the attachment.
    Last edited by pbflash; 09-22-10 at 05:04 PM.
    09-22-10 05:02 PM
    Also works if I push the trackpad.
    09-22-10 05:06 PM
    Ditto to what pbflash said. I'm on .225. When I attach something, I just touch the item (the picture itself, for instance). I'm then taken back to the message with the attachment there. Works that way on emails and MMS stuff for me.
    09-22-10 05:20 PM
    Correct in the last few posts with one exception. You cannot send out a locked pic such as the default backgrounds. It depends on what folder of media you enter as to what happens next.

09-22-10 05:43 PM
    Ah, true. I've never tried sending a locked pic, so it didn't occur to me that may be happening.
    09-22-10 06:21 PM
    If he is running encryption, it just might change file types to ".rim" files and lock them down. It would be interesting if the OP just took a pic with his camera and tried to send that immediately...

09-22-10 06:47 PM
    I'm not trying to send blocked picks. I was running encryption on the media card. I did take a pic and tried to send right away and still the same issue. If I touch the pic I want to send or press on the trackpad it opens the pic and that's it. Nothing ever happens. I'm downgrading again to .141 then upgrading to .246 after a complete wipe and only restore the very basic stuff. When I downgraded yesterday it was working just fine. That's my next step I guess

09-22-10 07:05 PM
    Thanks for all the replies though really. It's frustrating but I can see some people giving ideas and helping. I do appreciate everything

09-22-10 07:06 PM
    I had a similar problem. Changing devices & talking to AT&T didn't help. I think I had to tap on the date bar from within the inbox & then try rewriting the email. Then the options for attachments could be accessed. This was a few weeks ago, buit I think that worked.

09-22-10 07:11 PM
    So I went back down to .141 complete wipe, saved nothing and still wasn't able to send pictures. I upgraded to .246 and only restored my contacts, calendar, and WLAN settings, nothing else. Still can't attach anything. The pics are 1.5MB and ATT told me they were to big but before we could resized, on my bold, when i want to send a pic it asked me the size, with the torch i can't resize. It's so frustrating, I'm getting a new phone this weekend and trying all over again. I removed the encryption of the media card just in case but the pics are already encrypted so I think they're doomed. Any ideas?
    09-23-10 08:48 AM
    You may be able to remove the encryption. Try creating a new folder on your memory card. With encryption turned off, move the encrypted file to the new folder. This should remove the encryption.
    09-23-10 12:35 PM
    I'm not trying to send blocked picks. I was running encryption on the media card. I did take a pic and tried to send right away and still the same issue. If I touch the pic I want to send or press on the trackpad it opens the pic and that's it. Nothing ever happens. I'm downgrading again to .141 then upgrading to .246 after a complete wipe and only restore the very basic stuff. When I downgraded yesterday it was working just fine. That's my next step I guess

Try going to camera options and lowering the resolution to (640x480), taking a picture, and resending. I had the same issue and where nothing happens when attempting to attach- but found that this works. Perhaps the file you're attempting to too large?

JJ
    09-23-10 12:45 PM
    You may be able to remove the encryption. Try creating a new folder on your memory card. With encryption turned off, move the encrypted file to the new folder. This should remove the encryption.

This actually did the trick. I don't even remember encrypting the media card. That's why when I would restore the options it would encrypt it again. The size is an issue for the pictures but you can always select the size you want to send it as.

Thanks man, you saved me a trip to ATT and getting a new phone. I'm gonna keep it for now, I still have 10 more days til the 30 days in case I change my mind. You saved my life, appreciate it.
    09-23-10 01:40 PM
    Can someone PLEASE give directions on HOW TO TAKE THE ENCRYPTION OFF? I am unable to attach a picture in text on my Torch. Once i send the pic in text, it gives me a red X and the other person doesnt receive it, i tried texting a picture to myself and same bad luck.
    10-10-10 02:59 PM
    What I learned is that the BlackBerry create folders on the memory card.. If your files are not placed in these said folders they will not attach.

Now if you have these folders already and create a sub folder in these folders with files in sub folders.. The files will not attach.

It doesn't matter if they arte encrypted or not.. The encryption is to protect files from being viewed on a pc etc but when you attach these files to an email.. They send as regular files

10-10-10 03:04 PM
    I had the same problem with my torch.. and for me, unselecting the encryption is what worked.

So you go into options. Select the encryption option. Then uncheck the boxes that say "encrypt media card".

Since doing that, all photos taken since I have been able to send. Whereas my old photos that were taken before i changed the encryption status I am still unable to send.

I did not have to create any new folders for the new pictures to be able to send, all my picutres (both the old encrypted and the new unencrypted) are all being saved in my "Camera" folder.

hope this helps.
    10-12-10 11:38 PM
    same problem. have you solved this problem yet? im a new blackberry user and i dont kniow what to do.
    02-02-11 06:07 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD