I'm new here but not new to BB. I can't WAIT for this little bugger. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-10 06:18 AM
    +1 agreed.
    +2 Agreed lol
    07-16-10 05:59 PM
    I have a GSM 9000 on the Bell network. GSM is no longer an issue for exclusivity on a phone. I'm guessing this will be a full release amongst major carriers.
    The only reason why the Bold works with bell is because it is a 3G phone. GSM phones that are not 3G will not work with Belus
    07-16-10 05:59 PM
    To be honest I'm more concerned about the highways. I'm using the Blackberry Traffic app (closed beta) and it works wonders, but I doubt it will work great for navigating when I have no recepton. Here on Bell I have full service on Hwy 2 (lethbridge to Athabasca), Hwy 1 (Alberta), and on pretty much all roads aside from one or two roads with very light traffic.
    Which is all the more reason to purchase a navigation app that saves all the map data locally.

Makes no sense to stream the maps, especially if you are a heavy GPS user and eat up all your data.
    07-17-10 03:26 PM
    not exactly true. Telus can only use 3G GSM phones. They still have a CDMA backbone which is extremely outdated. If you lose your 3G with telus on a 3G GSM device, your boned. With Rogers, if you lose your 3G you just drop back to edge (which is the gsm backbone).
    Can you please point me in a direction where I can figure out who uses what and what each technology supports?

The more I read about GSM ,HSPA, CDMA, EDGE, etc.. the more confused I get.
    07-17-10 03:27 PM
    puhahaha again refer to my response in the other thread... Nicer blackberries have been exclusive to Rogers for a while!! 8900, 9000 and even the 9700 came out on rogers first (even though it was only a few days)... Rogers is much better then bell and telus IMHO... Rogers has treated me well.. and sorry to burst your little bubble but i bet Rogers will have the iphone 4 before belus as well..
    Not that it is relevant to this audience, but I notice that Belus have announced release date for iPhone4 as July 30, whereas Rogers just says "coming soon". Will Belus release the iPhone before Rogers, I wonder?!?!? Probably not - I bet all three will release it on the on the same date.

My point is, I think the "nicer Blackberries exclusive to Rogers" is a thing of the past. Puhahaha
    07-22-10 09:25 AM
    Not that it is relevant to this audience, but I notice that Belus have announced release date for iPhone4 as July 30, whereas Rogers just says "coming soon". Will Belus release the iPhone before Rogers, I wonder?!?!? Probably not - I bet all three will release it on the on the same date.

My point is, I think the "nicer Blackberries exclusive to Rogers" is a thing of the past. Puhahaha
    we'll see.. who knows u might be right..

all i know is bellus is not for me
    07-22-10 09:35 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD