I just noticed today that when I start the camera or video camea app, I get a black screen only. Not sure what has happened. Took some pictures a days ago and it was working fine. Have restarted the device a few times without any change. When I start the camera app, I have noticed the the camera button on the bottom (the one used to click for taking picture) is disabled...

Any ideas? Getting worried...
    07-05-11 09:31 AM
    BIS or BES?
    07-05-11 09:40 AM
    have you tried re installing the OS?
    I am not talking about wiping and re doing the phone, but just running loader and over writing the OS
    07-05-11 10:45 AM
    Is your microSD card still working? Can you view pictures, videos, and music already on the card? Is it full?
    Try removing your microSD and reinserting it. Give the phone 10 minutes to index the contents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-11 11:03 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    I haven't reinstalled the OS yet... war trying to avoid doing it..

I have both BIS and BES and so far they have been working well together. Is there a reason for me to get worried regarding the BES?

microSD cad is still working well and has lots of space. I can watch pictures and videos, no problem.
    07-05-11 06:17 PM
    This happened to me, but a battery pull did the trick.

Good Luck

07-05-11 08:17 PM
    What OS version are you running? Some of the later versions have improved camera function. If you're going to go through the process of reinstalling your OS you may want to go with one of the latest versions.l
    07-06-11 08:11 AM
    Thanks for the suggestions.
    I have a torch 9800 and I am running the first firmware that came with it. This is because it contains the app world 2.0.0.36, which I can run over WiFi in a non supported country, which I live in...

I wanted to reinstall this firmware, but when I start the loader file, I get the option of items I would like to delete. I keep it unchanged (as I don't rally want any applications to be deleted), but when I click the next button, it says that there was no change so the installers ends. Did I miss anything? Not sure how to reinstall an already installed firmware.

Another thing I noticed was that when I take full backup via Desktop Manager, the backup file is on 4 MB only. I was under the impression that it should have been around something close to 100 MB so that I could in principal reinstall the whole system if I wanted to return to the old setting. Did I miss anything there? I do hock the option called third party application.

Thanks!
    08-06-11 07:34 AM
    Regarding my message above:
    Can anyone help? Please ...
    08-08-11 09:12 AM
    BES is now removed. No change. The camera is not working. Also reinstalled the firmware (the same version, but not the latest). Still no camera.

Now considering to install the latest firmware and loosing app world (since I am in a non supported country) and possibiliy getting the camera back....

Any suggestions?

n

09-03-11 01:16 PM
    Did you try a battery pull as previously suggested? If you run a flashlight app, does the flash work?
    09-03-11 04:15 PM
    @Shansmi: sorry for not mentioning this. Indeed, I have tried sevetal battery pulls (if it means to take the battery out and insert it back in).

I have a flash light app, and it does lights up the flash. Also, I can get the native video camera app to also light up the flash. The error I get when runnin the native video app is: Cannot start video camera view finder. (It takes about ten seconds from starting the app to getting this error message).

Please advise. Feels like the torch has lost half of its glory since the camera functionaly stopped working.

09-03-11 11:00 PM
    @Shansmi: upgraded the firmware to the latest version. The camera function is still not working. Now I have started to believe that it is a hardware issue, and think I will send the unit back to Hong Kong for repair...
    09-05-11 09:24 AM
    I had the same problem after downloading and using e-office flashlight app.

Removing the app and pulling the battery fixed the problem for me.
    09-05-11 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD