I saw in videos the camera could take pictures when u pushed down on the quick key. Mine is not the case when I push down on it, it does the flash like its going to snap a photo, than doesnt. Do I have to set it? soft/pulls arent fixing it.
    11-27-10 01:03 PM
    If you have done a battery pull for >30 seconds, to reboot the phone and it still doesnt capture the image, you have a couple options left.
    1. wipe and reinstall OS .246 or .337, using Apploader.
    2. get it replaced as it is a hardware defect.
    11-27-10 01:40 PM
    Mine has had similar issue with it. I just performed a battery pull and it fixed the issue.
    11-27-10 01:41 PM
    On my 9700, the camera quick key has two levels of activation. When you push it down to the level of the first click, the camera acts as you described but if you push it deeper to the second click, it takes the picture.
    11-27-10 01:52 PM
    On my 9700, the camera quick key has two levels of activation. When you push it down to the level of the first click, the camera acts as you described but if you push it deeper to the second click, it takes the picture.
    The flash is working which would indicate the convenience key is being pushed in all the way.
    11-27-10 02:28 PM
    This was exactly it. I wasnt pushing down hard enough to feel that second click. Thanks a million.
    11-27-10 02:49 PM
    "it does the flash like its going to snap a photo"
    So it wasn't the flash of taking a picture, it was the redeye/focus flash that came on. You tricked me.
    Glad it's working
    11-27-10 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD