I couldn't care less about the number of mega pixels. I'm not printing posters anyway. 3.2MP is perfectly sufficient for viewing on screen. Just give me detailed, relatively noise-free images that don't have weird hues and suspect white balance. That's all I can ask for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-10 06:03 AM
    3.2 will be the camera. Even the Tour2/Bold will probably have the 3.2
    03-18-10 08:35 AM
    Why should you settle for a lesser camera in a BB when the market is using higher mega pixel cameras for their devices. RIM should be held to the same standards as everyone else. When you think about it also, what exactly has RIM upgraded in their newer devices vs their older counter parts. Their devices are basically re-mixes with and updated look. A 3.2 Mega pixel camera is a standard of the past. The standard now for top of the line devices which BB's aim to be are now 5 mega pixel and up for new devices coming out this year. RIM needs to keep up, whether or not its a 5 mega pixel camera or a 3.2 mega pixel camera they are going to sell the device for the same price. I'm sure people would rather get more bang for their buck.
    03-18-10 11:27 AM
    RIM is so slow to adopt newer tech its pitiful. 3.2
    03-18-10 11:35 AM
    i think its going 2 b 3.2...same
    03-18-10 12:17 PM
    What ever happened to that liquid lens camera they were talking about when those Magnum pictures surfaced?
    03-18-10 01:44 PM
    RIM realized that would be too revolutionary
    03-18-10 06:34 PM
    RIM realized that would be too revolutionary
    Or it was just a rumor to begin with.............don't get pissed off at rim for people speculating about possible technologies. And why do you think a liquid lens would make better pictures. the lens is just one part, the sensor is another major part to great image quality.

I would like a camera that has great lower light/high iso performance.
    03-18-10 08:43 PM
    If its the same 3.2 megapixel camera in there, the name next gen device and this slider shouldn't be in the same sentence.

03-19-10 02:42 AM
    I think its important for RIM to move to 5.0 just to satisfy all the people that think it makes a difference. 3.2 is plenty even for printing out pictures as long as its a good quality 3.2. But it the numbers that make a difference when people are looking at specs

03-19-10 07:12 AM
    Agreed. Why would Rim spend more when it will sell anyway.
    Not that I wouldn't consider buying it...

I'm not so sure about this. I don't think they would be spending too much more, if any. Now that there are 7 mp's out, and 5 mp's are easy to come by, the price of that tech has gone down, and will continue to do so. I for one think that this phone isnt happening till fall at the very soonest. Thats plenty of time for the cost on that sort of tech to drop even more. I think 5mp is a very real possibility. I think they will save the 7 for the storm3/iphone killer. It would be flashier.
    03-19-10 11:28 AM
    I hope the camera is a 1.5 with no flash. Oh boy id be so excited if it was!! Hahaha

03-22-10 07:18 PM
    Per bbleaks on their twitter account:

"So I'm hearing 9700a is revamped 9700 with 5MP camera, 512mb, and of course os 6 and webkit browser. Not confirmed yet...but worth noting."
    11:40 AM Mar 19th via UberTwitter

They have been reliable IMO on certain things for blackberry. From the pics of the phone to the pics of OS 6.0, I think they are a trustworthy source. So it looks like its going to be 5 MP's. That gets me thinking about the quality of the display...? I don't like slider phones that much, and I've been waiting on the 9650 for a long time. But after seeing and hearing about all of the features that this phone has, I'm starting to lean towards this phone...

BTW... I'm glad that Bolt is coming out with 2.0. They have jumped Opera IMO. Opera 5 looks good but its just not the original 4 in terms of speed and performance.
    03-22-10 10:38 PM
    Or it was just a rumor to begin with.............don't get pissed off at rim for people speculating about possible technologies. And why do you think a liquid lens would make better pictures. the lens is just one part, the sensor is another major part to great image quality.

I would like a camera that has great lower light/high iso performance.
    The liquid lens wouldn't necessarily improve image quality but would provide for optical zoom in a compact space something thats been sorely missing in just about 99% of the camera phones out there today
    03-25-10 10:07 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD