Will this phone stick with the 3.2mp, or will it be a next generation (like 5 mp or something) camera phone?

What are your thoughts?
    03-04-10 02:08 PM
    My thoughts are a next generation camera, being that it is a new form factor and all. i would hope for something like a 5mp with autofocus but i guess only time will tell.
    03-05-10 08:35 AM
    I hope its 5mp
    03-05-10 09:46 AM
    5MP minimum... otherwise, it's a fail
    03-05-10 10:16 AM
    I'm going to go with the same 3.2 MP AF camera they use in everything else.
    03-05-10 11:04 AM
    Pretty sure a 5, they been with the 3.2 for long enough now, time for a upgrade, especially in a device like this!
    03-05-10 12:23 PM
    3.2 because they know people will buy it regardless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 02:04 PM

Agreed. Why would Rim spend more when it will sell anyway.
    Not that I wouldn't consider buying it...

03-05-10 03:04 PM

I have to agree too. People that buy BB's will buy them regardless of the quality of camera. I mean BB is relatively a late adopter with cameras on their phones it still sold. With that said, it doesn't hurt to dream a little....
    03-05-10 03:47 PM
    I hope they start making better cameras, but if I was betting I'd bet they stick with the 3.2. hey, its better than the 2.0
    03-05-10 03:50 PM
    i hope its 5.0
    03-05-10 04:20 PM
    I would never even CONSIDER it with 3.2 MP camera. They seriously need to move on with that. Majority of the phones are going with 5.0 MP nowadays.. but if they really wanna set the stage they should go with 7. Just liek the Droid 2...
    03-05-10 04:45 PM
    Unfortunately, you're probably right. Although I'll say that RIM's backward move by removing the flash from the 85xx Curves really soured me on that model. My 8320 was the first phone I had with a flash, and I thought it was great.

But who knows. I think they're trying to appeal more to a consumer market. So maybe they'll start competing on that playing field.

03-05-10 05:04 PM
    I don't really use the camera on my phone. I have a digital cam for that.
    03-05-10 05:23 PM
    i think rim is willing to take it to best. you will get what you wished for.
    ready,1,2,3.action ---3.3 mp camera.
    03-05-10 05:57 PM
    it has been mentioned this phone might use new liquid lens tech

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-ess...quid-lens-tech

fingers are crossed
    03-05-10 06:18 PM
    Liquid lens was the rumored feature for this phone which means a higher resolution than 3.2 mp.
    03-05-10 07:08 PM
    3.2 more likely
    03-05-10 08:44 PM
    rim know ppl buy its stuff not for the camera...bis,push email r 2of the main selling feature...

just like ppl buy iphone becoz of its large 3'5 multi touch screen...camera on iphone sucks a$$...no flash still on the 3gs...

so...im guessing we'll hv a 3.2mp auto-focused/IS-ed camera still on that weird looking bold slider..

at least...we can almost b sure of one thing.....it'll hv a flash!!!!
    (well..."almost" b sure)
    03-05-10 11:55 PM
    they should make it 5.0... but knowing them they'll prolly push it out with a 3.2 cause everyone will overlook the camera cause its soemthing new. =/
    03-06-10 09:59 AM
    The Storm 3 is supposedly 7 MP. So this may be 5.0 or 7. Only time will tell
    03-09-10 06:24 PM
    With all new devices being launched with 5+ pixels you would think the new slider would follow the rest. BB has their own way of doing things, I sure hope they push the quality and add other changes as well. more memory, downloading and running apps from memory card, front camera for skype calls ect, FM radio, better browser to go along with the new 6.0.... Operating system. That ought to be great for starters.

vinny

03-14-10 02:25 PM
    Y'know... one time I was talking to a chick about phones in general and she said she didn't get a berry because they don't have especially good cameras. I had to bit my tongue HARD to stop from going on a tirade about if the camera is what decides which phone you buy, you have utterly missed the point of a smartphone, and a blackberry in particular.

I have always been of the opinion that cameras are fine in a phone, but I only use it because its there, to take photos of pointless things (funny adverts i saw for example) and that if it wasn't there at all I wouldn't care.

I'm amazed that people make decisions about if a phone is for them based on the camera. I mean, if you care about cameras, then you almost certainly have a proper digicam anyway, and if not, maybe you should get one instead of a new phone.

Whatever the camera is like on this, I will take at most a few pictures per month and mostly use the video-flash as a torch. Other than that, it'll just be a bump on the back.
    03-16-10 03:04 PM
    I've only seen a few 5.0 mp cameras, an LG and a Motorolla and the Storm 2 3.2 blows 'em out of the water. Having said that, I think people focus too much on numbers. I bought a 10.1 MP "regular" camera and the pictures suck. My 5.1 MP Sony with a CZ lens was much better. I also have an HD Handycam that's terrible in low light. There's a lot more that goes into the finished picture than just MP.

So the people saying they wouldn't even consider it with a 3.2 MP camera, that's sounds naive and silly to me.
    03-16-10 08:53 PM
    I couldn't care less in the camera. I take something like 2 pictures a year on my phone and I end up deleting them anyways because I just don't care about them. I use my Canon dslr camera if I want some memorable photos.
    03-17-10 07:43 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD