I cannot find an app which will keep my camera light on as a flashlight. There are sooooo many flashlight apps, I've tried free ones, paid ones, and none of them keep the light on continuously. It goes off, then I touch the screen or push a button and it comes back on. Its such a pain when you need a light and it cycles on and off randomly.

Does the same thing if I'm in video camera, not filming .....light cycles on/off ...if I'm filming, it stays on, but it is stupid to record a video just to have the camera light to stay on as a flashlight.

I just can't understand why it won't stay on.....on my 8330 I had video flashlight and it worked flawlessly, not on the 9800 tho

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-11 11:26 PM
    Magic question: how long do you need the Flashlight to stay on? Are you doing automotive repairs? Spelunking? Searching the night sky for Luftwaffe fighters? Without some time reference, we're just taking a shot in the dark here. That information is relevant, which is why I ask.

01-07-11 11:40 PM
    Short answer : Indefinitely (which is what an app should do, as it was w/ my old curve). Sometimes I need it for short periods, sometimes long. But its a major annoyance when it cycles off/on after 10 seconds. Sometimes it stays on longer than others. Its a strange problem.....

01-07-11 11:52 PM
    did you set the correct permissions?

Most flashlight apps should work fine using the video camera flash. Theres also leave it on that prevents applications from timing out/turning backlight off, preventing video camera from timing out. Theres also quicklaunch and shortcutme flashlight functions that dont time out either.
    Last edited by gbsn; 01-08-11 at 12:03 AM.
    01-08-11 12:00 AM
    Correct on the QuickLaunch version, which I was just testing. I'd hate it if it left me in the dark after 10 seconds, as well.

01-08-11 12:07 AM
    I use the quick launch flashlight and it also times out on me I thought It was a flaw with the app?

01-08-11 12:14 AM
    I use the quick launch flashlight and it also times out on me I thought It was a flaw with the app?

ermmm its not, have any of you tried checking the permissions? i can verify quicklaunch works fine as i use it, same goes for shortcutme.
    01-08-11 12:16 AM
    Actually I went to quick launch after reading the post and tried to check the permissions I couldn't get that screen to display

01-08-11 12:18 AM
    Options>Device>Application Management>type Q, click QuickLaunch, Edit Permissions.

01-08-11 12:21 AM
    Magic question: how long do you need the Flashlight to stay on? Are you doing automotive repairs? Spelunking? Searching the night sky for Luftwaffe fighters? Without some time reference, we're just taking a shot in the dark here. That information is relevant, which is why I ask.

im laughing my a$$ off here just reading this
    01-08-11 05:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD