hey guys! I did some searching and couldn't find anything on this... now, I have read this forum many times but this is my first post.

I have an issue with the call volume on my Torch:

This is a big issue for me because I'm in the military so I spend a lot of time catching up with people... When I am talking to my girlfriend who lives half the country away, I find that with any background noise on my side while she is talking, my phone will basically mute her (if I listen VERY hard I can hear her but it's extremely quiet).

This can be as simple as walking in a hall that echoes, walking and some of the moving air just from the speed of my walking hitting the mic... and suddenly she cuts out and I can't hear her. It's EXTREMELY frustrating!! I had a look at my phone settings but there didn't seem to be anything to be changed to help the issue.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Is the problem on my end or hers? What can I do!?

Hope you guys can help!

cheers
    AirCanuck
    10-16-11 08:01 PM
    hey guys! I did some searching and couldn't find anything on this... now, I have read this forum many times but this is my first post.

I have an issue with the call volume on my Torch:

This is a big issue for me because I'm in the military so I spend a lot of time catching up with people... When I am talking to my girlfriend who lives half the country away, I find that with any background noise on my side while she is talking, my phone will basically mute her (if I listen VERY hard I can hear her but it's extremely quiet).

This can be as simple as walking in a hall that echoes, walking and some of the moving air just from the speed of my walking hitting the mic... and suddenly she cuts out and I can't hear her. It's EXTREMELY frustrating!! I had a look at my phone settings but there didn't seem to be anything to be changed to help the issue.

Has anyone heard of this happening? Is the problem on my end or hers? What can I do!?

Hope you guys can help!

cheers
    AirCanuck
    Never had this problem myself, but it sounds like the type of behavior one would expect from a speaker-phone. You did not have the Torch in speaker-phone mode, did you?
    10-16-11 09:49 PM
    no, I wish it were that simple!

It's as if when I speak, hers is overridden into a quieter mode until a second after noise stops coming from mine. It's very frustrating! Just did a BB system update in case that would help and no difference... HALP!
    10-16-11 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD