Hi,

I have just upgraded to the Blackberry Torch 9800 after a long extended time of usage when i recieve a call my ringtone i have set breaks up and sounds all static, But when i reset the phone it works fine then again after a while it go's the same again.

I am just wondering if it is something i have done to it or is it a design flaw in the phone as i have had 2 of these phones and both have had to be replaced but they were pre - owned

Cheers for any help

Styles
    03-05-12 11:33 AM
    What do you mean by extended time of usage? You mean you're on calls for extended time, or is the phone simply on?

Have you tried a different ring tone?

Mine doesn't demonstrate this behavior. I have a different ringtone assigned to a few specific contacts.
    03-05-12 12:18 PM
    Hi,

Firstly Cheers for the reply, Yes i mean that the phone has been on i will be lucky if i have made about 20 Minutes of calls since i got it, Yes i have tried 2 Diffrent Ringtones and all of them have been the same like i have said in my earlier post this is the second time i have had one of these phones and they have both screwed up the exact same way.

Cheers

Styles
    03-05-12 12:24 PM
    My 9800 does the same thing...kinda. Sometimes the ringer and the speaker sounds really muddy...resetting also fixes it...until the next time it does it. Its happened like 3 times within the past few weeks. I'm running v6.0.0.723
    03-05-12 06:19 PM
    Odd. Does the phone feel "hot" when this happens?

When you "reset", are you taking about a battery pull?

I'm on .706.
    03-05-12 06:39 PM
    I do believe the last time it happened the device was a bit more warm than usual. I'll either do a battery pull or a soft reset(alt+right shift+del)
    03-05-12 07:09 PM
    Mine was slightly warm but nothing out of the ordinery just normal heat, I am thinking have I been unlucky and the speaker is on its way out/ already gone on both of these say by dropping etc

Cheers for anymore help given (Taking it back to the shop as I message, but with me not being the only one wondering what is wrong with them)

Styles
    03-06-12 03:35 AM
    when in a call i have a high pitched squeal, the audio speaker is fine, the sounds al sound fine. any help would be great
    11-29-12 06:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD