There may already be posts about this but to save some time I posted it again.

I have a torch 9800 and I also have a Macbook, when I synced my phone to my computer, I ended up with double entries in my calender under two different "calenders" even though only one exists on my actual computer. How do I get rid of this and stop this from happening again.

Thanks for the help.
    02-12-11 06:11 AM
    02-12-11 07:23 AM
    Thanks, I was able to remove the multiple calenders but now just have multiple entries under the same calender. Any ideas?
    02-12-11 08:48 AM
    I'd use GMAIL to sync, and just sync your computers to GMAIL.
    02-12-11 10:44 AM
    Oh, and I'd start over. Using the same technique, I believe its WIPE that gets rid of all calendar entries.
    02-12-11 11:04 AM
    I dont use gmail so that wont work, and I dont want to wipe all of them. Just the duplicates.
    02-12-11 11:41 AM
    There is no need to use GMAIL to sync. I think it is ridiculous to have two devices in the same room next to each other and have to go out to the internet to sync the two. I use a MAC and it syncs with the Blackberry very well with the included calendar.

Did you delete all the additional CICAL entries? Do you have the entries duplicated as personal or work?

If you already have duplicate entries you may be better off to go through and simply delete the duplicates manually and then re-sync.

If you go to the Blackberry calendar and click on the Blackberry button, do you see an option to select calendar? If you see a DEFAULT calendar and also one associated with an email address, you still technically have two calendars. If you do, be sure your email address is listed as the default for CICAL services, then select DEFAULT calendar and delete all the entries and reboot.

Before syncing in the future, back up the MAC calendar by exporting to a iCal archive. If you have issues you can always restore the calendar and then overwrite the Blackberry.
    02-12-11 11:53 AM
    There is no need to use GMAIL to sync. I think it is ridiculous to have two devices in the same room next to each other and have to go out to the internet to sync the two. I use a MAC and it syncs with the Blackberry very well with the included calendar.
    Or I don't know, not have to connect your BB to either computer. Just add your calendar entry from either computer, your bb, or the internet and it just syncs.
    02-12-11 12:07 PM
    Or I don't know, not have to connect your BB to either computer. Just add your calendar entry from either computer, your bb, or the internet and it just syncs.
    Well, that's helpful. What a ridiculous and unnecessarily sarcastic comment by someone who obviously is out of helpful information.

My point is that there should be no reason to connect to the internet to sync two devices sitting next to each other. This isn't rocket science. Palm did it very well for many years even with third party programs. Some of us do not wish to upload sensitive information to the internet and there is simply no need.

My Torch syncs perfectly well with my computer without the need to use Gmail. I never was able to sync with my PC since I didn't run Outlook. The Blackberry syncs well with all the included programs on the Mac.
    02-12-11 01:54 PM
    This happened to me (on a PC) and it stems from an understanding of the sync works.

You can only sync the "default calendar".

At some point you had to change your default on your bb and that generated dupes.

As people stated above delete and start over.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD