Hi everybody

just wondering if you face the same problem.

After clicking the calendar icon it takes always 2-3 seconds till I can use the calendar. Same happens if I add a new appointment...after that the calendar is freezed for 2-3 seconds and then the appointment appear in the overview and I can use the it again...

Running . 246 but the problem was in all builds I tried.
    10-01-10 09:11 AM
    nobody having the same problems?
    10-02-10 08:02 AM
    Not that I have heard of. When adding an event there is, on any device, a small delay as it adds in the new event after hitting save for example. But no other lag has been reported. How many calendars do you have? Go into the calendar and choose options from the BB Menu. At the bottom will be a list of your calendars. If you click on each one, it will tell you how many entries are in each of them.

Report how many calendars and how many entries are in each back to us.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 08:07 AM
    I have 3 Calendars but only one in use and as it does lag that much i dont really use it so there are only 90 entries which is nothing.
    I rebooted the device at least 10 times in the last few days...but nothing changed

It still takes up to 5 seconds after click on calendar icon till I can use it!
    10-02-10 08:11 AM
    Thn there is an issue. Has this always happened? I would take a backup as well as sync. Confirm what CICAL is set to. If CICAL is set wrong, change it and do a battery pull. If it is still slow, do a selective delete and restore of ONLY the calendar entries and settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 08:16 AM
    it is happening since ever...with all builds (.141 .244 .246)

CICAL is set right...

ok so i will basically restore the device and resync all except calendar...did I understand u correct?
    10-02-10 08:21 AM
    I got the same problem. Only 1 calendar. Did a full wipe and restore. Called Rogers, went to Rogers store. They told me to go back to the store I purchased and exchange it.
    10-13-10 02:14 AM
    My calendar app opens quick - no problem. But every time I enter an appointment, it hangs for 8-10 second before appointment appears. Same thing when deleting and editing appointments. It has taken as long as 15 seconds. No hourglass... cursor just sits at beginning of appt line and nothing happens until th 8-10 seconds later when appt text appears. I have about 1,750 appointment entries in calendar. I had a lot more at one point (approx 3,000) and never had an issue with the delay so I don't think it's the number of contacts. I currently have only 1 CICAL. I had previously deleted about 4 other CICALS and did a soft reset (ALT-RIGHT SHIFT-DEL). Delay still existed. I'll try a hard reset next - but:

Has anyone seen this problem before? No problems with contacts, etc. Just calendar.
    01-02-11 07:04 PM
    Deleting the other unnecessary CICALS + a hard reset seems to have fixed the delayed calendar entry problem.
    01-03-11 10:50 AM
    I have the same problem as everyone here, what is cical? I am using the torch
    07-26-11 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD