I've had a BlackBerry Torch since it's released date. I've been with BlackBerry on AT&T since the Bold 9000. It's sad to say but good bye BlackBerry . I have just pre-ordered my HTC Inspire 4G due to release this Sunday. I'm very excited to finally have a "fun phone", a phone that I can actually customize (I'm not talking 'hybrids', I'm talking rooting ).
    Ok so I'm done with my Torch 9800. I don't know why, but it just doesn't have that.. "Bumph" that it had when I first got it (I got it on the release date). I've been with BlackBerry since AT&T got the Bold 9000.

I've always hated touchscreen keyboards, but I like how easy it is to navigate using the touchscreen (browsing, picture viewing, etc). The main reason I got the Torch when it came out was because of the Touchscreen + Keyboard.

Now I just find it SO annoying that I have to slide they keyboard out all the time to text, BBM, or browse the web. Also, the applications on the BlackBerry suck. You can't really do much with them. There's no "fun" in it I guess. There are no fun games or apps.

I want the Atrix because of Android, the power behind it, and the capabilities of the phone. Android has thousands of Apps. Including what I need; Google Navigation (which is free, there is no navigation app on the Blackberry with free voice navigation). The phone also has front-facing camera for video chatting, HD Video, etc.

The email configurations people said before, I have no problem with because I use Google services for most of my things.

Like I said before, I really can't wait until the Atrix comes out to upgrade. I can always go back to Blackberry with my 9700, but I don't see myself staying with BlackBerry any longer, especially since AT&T still doesn't get the 9780.
    Another reason I'm leaving BlackBerry is because of their ******** "refresh". I'm so done with them releasing the SAME EXACT PHONES with just better features that are still not up to what the market is today.

I will obviously miss BlackBerry Messenger... that's pretty much it.
    02-07-11 05:50 PM
    That's fine.

Good luck with your new 'fun phone'

I like my phone to be a 'phone'

Each to their own.

Oh yeah....

bye
    DCAce likes this.
    02-07-11 05:55 PM
    Come over to Android Central! Lots of good folks and info there! Congrats on your new phone. I'm doing the same next week. 9630----->HTC Thunderbolt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-11 05:55 PM
    congrats on the new phone...PS put your flame suit on
    02-07-11 05:56 PM
    That's fine.

Each to their own.

Oh yeah....

bye
    As do I.

Good luck with HTC 4G.

.... You'll be back. :P
    02-07-11 05:59 PM
    I will obviously miss BlackBerry Messenger... that's pretty much it.
    Not nearly as much as you think.
    02-07-11 06:00 PM
    Try Google Talk. It's better than BBM in that you can use it on your phone and the computer!

02-07-11 06:01 PM
    I like my phone to be a 'phone
    Then why did you buy a Torch?
    02-07-11 06:02 PM
    Still need to get rid of my Samsung captivate that's sitting on the table collecting dust... Shortest lived switch I've ever had...
    02-07-11 06:02 PM
    to the OP, it's just a phone.. same as the toaster, or the microwave.
    i don't really get why people need to have a " Eulogy" when they leave...
    or have a " Celebration" with their new Phone.
    here's the thing.. You DON'T Need to justify your purchase to anyone.. ( with the exception of your Wife).. and you DON'T Need to Convert everyone as well.
    02-07-11 06:05 PM
    here's the thing.. You DON'T Need to justify your purchase to anyone.. ( with the exception of your Wife).. and you DON'T Need to Convert everyone as well.
    Probably for the same reason that you feel the need to respond to every "Eulogy" that is posted, or jump in and crash every "Celebration".
    02-07-11 06:10 PM
    Today, a phone isn't a phone. Today you can use your phone virtually for anything. A phone is to make calls.

Phones today are for emailing, texting, games, browsing the web, listening to music, games, watching movies, socializing, etc.

If a phone is just a phone, why do you even have a BlackBerry?

congrats on the new phone...PS put your flame suit on
    Haha, my flame suit was on as soon as I pressed Post

Last edited by Shad0w26; 02-07-11 at 06:32 PM.
    02-07-11 06:29 PM
    Today, a phone isn't a phone. Today you can use your phone virtually for anything. A phone is to make calls.

Phones today are for emailing, texting, games, browsing the web, listening to games, watching movies, socializing, etc.

Actually if someone would really research what he or she really wants, I can see many would easily settle with a feature phone that has messaging and physical (or touch) keyboard and so on. Don't really need a smartphone with all the bells and whistles, since nowadays a simple feature phone (with the fraction of the price) will do for most people.

By the way, I hate how there is a category for these phones really and different pricing on them, just because some people use more data than others, so they created categories for data plans and number of text messages etc.
    02-07-11 06:36 PM
    i was under the assumption that we're all on the same page when talking about phones.. smartphones included.
    but still, thanks for the crash course in Smartphone 101.
    i learn something new everyday!

Phones today are for emailing, texting, games, browsing the web, listening to music, games, watching movies, socializing, etc.

- Correction. 2 Blackberry phones at the same time. the Curve is issued by DOD ( thanks to all the taxpayers) for work and the Torch is for personal use.
    and my simple answer.. i NEED a phone.

02-07-11 07:00 PM
    Still need to get rid of my Samsung captivate that's sitting on the table collecting dust... Shortest lived switch I've ever had...
    Have you documented this switch somewhere?
    02-07-11 10:15 PM
    Another pointless post. Bye bye loser android user.

02-07-11 10:26 PM
    You should post here.
    02-07-11 11:36 PM
    That's fine.

Each to their own.

Oh yeah....

bye
    Totally agree, I love my Torch... Have fun with Android...
    02-07-11 11:44 PM
    Try Google Talk. It's better than BBM in that you can use it on your phone and the computer!

Except you can't send photos, videos, files or voicenotes from gtalk for anndroid.

02-08-11 05:19 AM
    LMAO!!!!!!!!
    Well said my friend. :-)

02-08-11 06:23 AM
    Except you can't send photos, videos, files or voicenotes from gtalk for anndroid.

Email.

I rarely use BBM to send photos because they are received in low resolution. I use email for all of that.

The receiver *can request a higher resolution pic, but that takes more time than just sending it in email.

Voice notes will be replaced with video chat on newer phones (iPhones and Androids). Though I don't use Voice Notes too often. I'll probably video chat as much.

With BBM you have to send one file at a time. This is another reason why those features on BBM are not a big deal. I used BBM to chat. Google Talk is exactly the same in that regard. Except that, like I mentioned, you can also use GT on a computer.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 02-08-11 at 06:36 AM.
    02-08-11 06:28 AM
    Blackberry's are for intellectuals.
    IPhone's are for "gamers".
    And Android is for... Well, droids.

If you only have a BB for BBM, then you don't deserve the phone.

02-08-11 06:45 AM
    Blackberry's are for intellectuals.
    IPhone's are for "gamers".
    And Android is for... Well, droids
    And, silly rabbit, tricks are for kids!
    02-08-11 06:50 AM
    And, silly rabbit, tricks are for kids!
    ... What a dud.

02-08-11 08:20 AM
    ... What a dud.