Hey everyone, I am tempted to get a BB 9800 unlocked from AT&T on craigslist, but I was wondering if I should just wait for the Rogers release, hopefully on September 24th. Will buying the 9800 from AT&T carrier prevent me from accessing anything on the Rogers network? and pros and cons?
    Anyone know if the Rogers logo will be where the AT&T logo would be underneath the qwerty pad?? or would it just be blank.

Thanks!
    09-17-10 06:46 PM
    I got an AT&T Torch about 3 weeks ago and found no problems. I have the Rogers MyAccount working, browsing fine, The rogers shop is accessible, getting emails, bbm works fine, and all other apps work fine too since my 9700. Unless, there's something I really missed. I can say the phone works really well on the rogers network.

Actually, 2 days ago, I noticed that I got 2 new icons on my phone from Rogers which were "UrMusic" and "MobileBackup". I guess they pushed it out or something cuz I know that wasn't there before.

As for the Rogers logo. I'm not too sure. I was able to get the AT&T logo off my torch so it looks unbranded now.

Hope this helps for now. I'm not sure about other Rogers users using the 9800 but I'm just telling you my experience.
    09-17-10 07:32 PM
    Been using the Torch for over a month now unlocked on Rogers.not a single problem with the network. Everything works perfectly. Only a week left till Launch on Rogers. According to the Rogers Redboard no delay and everything on schedule for next friday launch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-17-10 07:43 PM
    get the unlocked AT&T and don't sign another 3 years contract..
    that's a winning combination right there
    09-17-10 08:17 PM
    ^ Thats what I did. I had mine sent to me by a relative from the US and I haven't had any issues on the fido network, Phone works great and all services are smooth as butter
    09-17-10 08:22 PM
    ^ Thats what I did. I had mine sent to me by a relative from the US and I haven't had any issues on the fido network, Phone works great and all services are smooth as butter
    especially if you have updated to the latest OS
    09-17-10 08:30 PM
    I got an AT&T Torch about 3 weeks ago and found no problems. I have the Rogers MyAccount working, browsing fine, The rogers shop is accessible, getting emails, bbm works fine, and all other apps work fine too since my 9700. Unless, there's something I really missed. I can say the phone works really well on the rogers network.

Actually, 2 days ago, I noticed that I got 2 new icons on my phone from Rogers which were "UrMusic" and "MobileBackup". I guess they pushed it out or something cuz I know that wasn't there before.

As for the Rogers logo. I'm not too sure. I was able to get the AT&T logo off my torch so it looks unbranded now.

Hope this helps for now. I'm not sure about other Rogers users using the 9800 but I'm just telling you my experience.
    Hi

Like you I got mine 2 weeks ago. Love it.
    How did you get rid of the at&t logo? Thanks.
    09-17-10 08:42 PM
    Hi

Like you I got mine 2 weeks ago. Love it.
    How did you get rid of the at&t logo? Thanks.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/su...t-logo-528200/
    09-17-10 09:17 PM
    Hey everyone, I am tempted to get a BB 9800 unlocked from AT&T on craigslist, but I was wondering if I should just wait for the Rogers release, hopefully on September 24th. Will buying the 9800 from AT&T carrier prevent me from accessing anything on the Rogers network? and pros and cons?
    Anyone know if the Rogers logo will be where the AT&T logo would be underneath the qwerty pad?? or would it just be blank.

Thanks!
    Just wait you've already waited this long whats another week. Trust me it be worth the wait in the end. I was like you at first, was gonna head down and pick one up from the states or buy it from craigslist but then i was like nahhh ill waited out.
    09-17-10 09:26 PM
    Do you trust something on craigslist? Could be that there is a problem with the phone and the seller is ready to pawn it off. Why not wait a week (if there is no delay) and enjoy a local place you can go face to face for warranty issues.
    09-17-10 10:22 PM
    Do you trust something on craigslist? Could be that there is a problem with the phone and the seller is ready to pawn it off. Why not wait a week (if there is no delay) and enjoy a local place you can go face to face for warranty issues.
    Valid point here.

However, I was one of those people that went to buffalo and bought it from Best buy. Luckily I've had no problems with my phone and em enjoying it as we speak . Anyways it's only another week on top of what u were willing to wait for so my 2 cents would be to just wait it out. It's always nice to be able to return ur phone easily for another one in case of some hardware issues.
    09-18-10 12:01 PM
    I thought about buying a torch when my friend got his from the states.

But warrantee is too important to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-10 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD