Hello!

Thank you for your time reading my thread.

I have a Blackberry 9800 that the other night kept restarting itself. At first I put this down to a software fault so using JL_Cmder I completely wiped the blackberry and then loaded it with the latest OS. This solved the problem.

Shortly after however the trackpad, back, call, call end, and menu button no longer work.

Also, when I slide the screen down too quickly, the screen goes black for about 30 seconds, and then sometimes will restart or sometimes it will take me back to where I was.

The phone was dropped recently, and it's pretty much been since then that I've been having these problems.

Is it possible to replace any components or will it be too costly? I have repaired my 8520 and 9300 in the past without problems but not quite sure where to start with these faults. I have no insurance and of course can't afford a replacement.

Thanks for your time in reading and I really hope someone can help me out.
    10-15-11 06:45 AM
    I assume you have done a battery pull?
    10-15-11 08:43 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I've done a battery pull. It's a hardware fault I'm assuming as neither of the buttons I mentioned respond, and also now when the phone slide is down, the screen doesn't display anything.

I know it's a hardware fault, can this be repaired by simply replacing perhaps the buttons and ribbon behind the slide or could it perhaps be the main board or some of the soldered connectors somewhere?

Thanks again for your help, I know it'd be more simple to replace the phone but surely it'd be cheaper to repair.
    10-15-11 11:55 AM
    Check out the disassembly instructions on you tube. The ribbon that connects the screen portion to the main board may have come loose when dropped. You can check that without too much trouble.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-11 06:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD