I have apps that work over 3G when wifi is off, so I have to have a working data plan right?

Exchanged phones about 3 hours ago. I received the messages from AT&T about the device being registered. Everything seems to work.
    08-24-10 09:23 PM
    I have apps that work over 3G when wifi is off, so I have to have a working data plan right?

Exchanged phones about 3 hours ago. I received the messages from AT&T about the device being registered. Everything seems to work.
    So, what exactly is the problem? Need some more details.
    08-24-10 09:44 PM
    Sorry, stupid me.

All the apps work and the short cuts to ESPN and CNN mobile sites work, but when I try to use the browser it will not work. Gives an error about not being able to connect or just sits their trying to load nothing.
    08-24-10 09:51 PM
    What specifically are you doing in the browser? Are you typing a particular web address in the address bar, are you selecting a bookmark, clicking a link from an email, or something else? Also, what are you browser settings? When did you last do a battery pull or reset?
    08-24-10 09:59 PM
    Trying to open a page, search, pull up a bookmark, pull up history. Nothing works.
    If I click the espn short cut, it opens up the browser and the mobile espn page. Then it is in the history when I open the browser screen. When I click it there it doesn't work.
    Doesn't work when I try and click websites in emails either.

New phone, changed no browser settings, rebooted twice.
    08-24-10 10:04 PM
    I've noticed with mine that the browser works great but almost everytime I post on a forum it locks up when reloading the forum page with my new post. My post goes through because if I close it out and reload the page my post is there. It just for some reason locks up when automatically refreshing the forum page.
    08-24-10 10:05 PM
    That has been happening to my Torch Too!!! I fix it temporarily when I do a master reset...but it comes back...I'm assuming its an application that interfering with my BIS...called tech support...both AT&T and blackberry, changed SIM Card and nothing!! Exchaned it Twice

At This Rate Im about to buy an iPhone
    08-24-10 11:56 PM
    That has been happening to my Torch Too!!! I fix it temporarily when I do a master reset...but it comes back...I'm assuming its an application that interfering with my BIS...called tech support...both AT&T and blackberry, changed SIM Card and nothing!! Exchaned it Twice

At This Rate Im about to buy an iPhone
    you don't want to know how many apps wreak havoc to the iphone lol
    08-25-10 12:37 AM
    I had the same problem last night when I brought my Torch home. I had spent some time on a working floor model at the AT&T store, so I knew what the phone *should* do, but mine just didn't work.

I don't know why this worked, but rebooting my DSL connection and then reconfiguring my wifi settings and entering the password again got Torch firing away.
    08-25-10 06:54 AM
    I too can report intermitent browser problems. Sometimes it works fine, and other times is cannot connect/pull sites (even when every other internet connected app is working fine).
    08-25-10 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD