Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Browser auto opens on startup?

I was wondering if this is something all Torch 9800s do, or if it's just a Telus thing, or if there's a way to stop it. I find it annoying that my browser always loads after a reboot, so I have to exit before I can use the phone. I haven't been able to find any settings to change it. Anybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by bassicmama View Post
    I was wondering if this is something all Torch 9800s do, or if it's just a Telus thing, or if there's a way to stop it. I find it annoying that my browser always loads after a reboot, so I have to exit before I can use the phone. I haven't been able to find any settings to change it. Anybody else?
    Do you by chance have the Telus "Your Mobile Telus Account" web app installed? If so, that's the culprit. If not, then no, this is not a Telus thing.

I have run into a couple of themes that have dropped a browser shortcut onto the home screen and the device start-up. They were uninstalled as soon as this happened.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,644 Global Posts

What page does it take you to?
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yes, I have the Telus Your Mobile Account app installed. It just takes me to my browser homepage. I like being able to check my account from my phone, but maybe it'd be worth uninstalling to be at my homescreen on startup
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,244 Global Posts

It's an app opens your browser..
  6. 2c
    CrackBerry Addict

dirty trick by an operator