hi, i purchased a 9800 from a guy for 75 bucks(device is mint! not a single scratch) knowing that the trackpad, call and end key didnt work and i planned on fixing this, my question is this. my source for bb parts is sw-box and all ive found on there that relates to the front keypad is this, http://www.sw-box.com/BlackBerry-Tor...Cable-Oem.html would this be the right component i need? the guy said he took it back to rogers and they wouldnt warrenty it cause they said it was water damage. he told me it was in a very damp place but wasnt wet, everything else works flawlessly so its kinda off, would the membrane flex cable fix it? thx in advance.
    01-06-12 10:42 PM
    i would be worried the damage would be greater than an $8 part
    i would advise buying a whole front assembly
    Buy LCD Touch Screen Assembly For Blackberry Torch 9800, For Blackberry Torch 9800 LCD Assembly, Assembly LCD Screen For Blackberry Torch 9800, LCD Touch Screen Assembly For Blackberry Torch 9800 Free Shipping at Aliexpress.com

but that is just me,
    your solution might be whats needed and you can start there
    01-07-12 01:49 PM
    x2 on the front assy replacement.

I've been using parts from SW-Box for about 4 years, and have nothing but good things to say about the quality, and customer service. (Shipping times suck, but waddyagonnado)
    01-07-12 04:51 PM
    Ok I'll think about the front assembly. I may just try this and see where it goes. The touch screen and everything still works great. A buddy of mine is buying it so if anything goes wrong I can fix it.
    01-07-12 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD