Hello all. I am new to crackberry.com and have had my torch for about 3 days. This isn't my first crackberry, had the BIG 8700 and then the pearl. Went on to an iPhone briefly. Not to knock the iphone, but it just wasn't for me, no qwerty. Which is why I love the torch. Great phone and apps. Love the site too

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-10 10:07 AM
    Welcome! I was on a BB 8300 then went to the iphone 3GS for a year and now am on the Torch. Quite nice. I hope you grow to love your new BB.

There are very lovely and helpful people on the site, so roam around a while.
    12-23-10 10:23 AM
    Before I upgraded from my 9700, I tested with my wife's i3Gs and liked it but no QWERTY keyboard. I chose the Torch even after also testing the i4 and Captivate. The Torch, IMO, does some things better than the i3Gs and even the i4.
    12-23-10 10:30 AM
    I've been with BlackBerry just over a year now and love it...could not or would not want to live without it! I started on the Curve 8350i with direct connect for work. Worked perfectly for work, but not personnel life. Now i have a Torch and just love it. This is what I consider my first smart phone! It's a perfect fit for me. My gf had an iphone 3gs , i didnt care for it! i went out and bought her an iphone 4, i dont care fir it either! i'm sure it's a good phone, but they just do not fit me or my personnel life! i never knock other phones, I'm sure they are all good in their own way. BlackBerry needs compitition, it helps them grow and get better for us...the end user!
    Love your BlackBerry and it will love you back!
    12-23-10 10:33 AM
    The iphone is such a toy phone. Its a psp phone really, and it just lacks professionalism. I like having my device actually sync to my email so I can ACTUALLY delete mail. The qwerty keyboard definitely is the best selling feature on the torch. Best of both worlds as we say.

12-23-10 12:36 PM
    Although I am not an Apple fanboy, more companies are deploying them much to my chagrin as RIM devices are clearly more secure. Business communications should be secure and not at the whim of the CIO. To say that it is just a toy is pretty weak as it is decent device for those whose needs it meets. Secure messaging with a decent browser on a touchscreen device with a physical keyboards met my needs the best thus the Torch, which I have had since launch day.
    12-23-10 03:11 PM
    Before I upgraded from my 9700, I tested with my wife's i3Gs and liked it but no QWERTY keyboard. I chose the Torch even after also testing the i4 and Captivate. The Torch, IMO, does some things better than the i3Gs and even the i4.
    Same here. Tried the wife's 3Gs, and messed a lot with a Captivate in the AT&T store. iphone is very slick, and it has a feel that's very smooth and natural. But the Torch isn't that far apart in that regard. For anything that doesn't require text entry, I'd have a tough time having to pick between BB and iPhone. But I do more emailing and a bit of texting, and I just can't do that with a virtual keyboard. I wouldn't mind a tiny bit bigger display, but I still love this Torch.

12-23-10 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD