Is it actually reloading the OS? What did you use to wipe?
    08-13-10 07:19 PM
    Like he's said many time's, he lives in Canada and drove many hours to come to the U.S. Walmart to get one. It's not as easy and heading down the street.
    08-13-10 07:23 PM
    Well kids, the lesson learned here is that when you buy out of country, you run the risk of being left in a pickle when a problem arises. My advice would be to wait until your country has them available. Mom (Chrissy) deleted some posts deemed to be in violation of the TOS so I'm going to play nice.
    08-13-10 07:27 PM
    Now it goes into JVM Error 545. I'll connect it to the computer and use BBsak to try and connect and it'll reset and go loop till I unplug it. Same thing when I use Loader.exe.
    08-14-10 12:32 AM
    K, one last final question. If this doesn't work then I'll have to just sell it for cheap and invest in another Torch.

On the day I purchased it, (Thursday, August 12th, 2010) I had no problems with it. Picked it up around 10am and it was flawless. I also used it at work all day on Friday and had no problems as well. On Friday night, I swapped my battery from my Torch with another one I sold because I already fully charged it so I just gave it to the guy I sold. So I took the new battery from the other Torch.

So question. Could it be that the battery is faulty and causing all the freezing and resets and unable to load into the OS6? I've tried multiple times to wipe and reload. I've even tried reloading with the old leaked OS 6.0.0.135 and it loaded, but crashed and went away. The only thing I could think of was the battery because it worked fine before I swapped the battery, after that it just was crapping out.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh. The error messages I usually get are App Error 545, or 102, or 606. Something like that. Also, when it finally boots into the OS it'll have all these null uncaught or w/e.
    Last edited by andrewcjduong; 08-14-10 at 12:20 PM.
    08-14-10 12:18 PM
    No the battery shouldn't be a problem. I had similar problem with my 9700 if you search the forums you can find the answer if I remember correctly i had a rogue program causing the error reboots.

A little help i know you need to get a certain error before I fixed it. I think it was a 502 error. Also, when loading the OS remember to delete the vendor file.
    08-14-10 01:50 PM
    Hmm. Well I'll test out the battery first. I'll try loading the OS in a different computer. I used Windows 7 so maybe I'll try XP. But I still don't get why it constantly crashed and reset even when I didn't reload any OS.
    08-14-10 02:21 PM
    My buddy has been in talks with this guy today looking at buying his Torch. Andrew is selling this messed up Torch for $700. Good thing I noticed this guy is from Ottawa and the names match. Told my friend to hold off till Rogers gets it in case this kinda crap happens. Guess I was right. Pretty crazy seeing this guy trying to unload a screwed up torch knowing it is faulty.
    08-14-10 03:19 PM

So question. Could it be that the battery is faulty and causing all the freezing and resets and unable to load into the OS6? I've tried multiple times to wipe and reload. I've even tried reloading with the old leaked OS 6.0.0.135 and it loaded, but crashed and went away. The only thing I could think o was the battery because it worked fine before I swapped the battery, after that it just was crapping out.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Oh. The error messages I usually get are App Error 545, or 102, or 606. Something like that. Also, when it finally boots into the OS it'll have all these null uncaught or w/e.
    Looked around and found some solutions for the app errors

App error 545 Pearl - jvm 545 error and now wont boot - Please help!! - BlackBerryForums.com : Your Number One BlackBerry Community

App error 102 JVM Error 102 -- BEFORE YOU WIPE YOUR SYSTEM -- - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    08-14-10 03:22 PM
    My buddy has been in talks with this guy today looking at buying his Torch. Andrew is selling this messed up Torch for $700. Good thing I noticed this guy is from Ottawa and the names match. Told my friend to hold off till Rogers gets it in case this kinda crap happens. Guess I was right. Pretty crazy seeing this guy trying to unload a screwed up torch knowing it is faulty.
    Told him it crashed a few times. I'm having it shipped out to AT&T this week so it's all good now.
    08-14-10 03:26 PM
    08-14-10 03:29 PM
    Thanks for all the info but I think I'm going to just go ahead and ship it out. It's easier for AT&T to have a look at it. I still think it's all software related but we'll see what AT&T says.
    08-14-10 03:34 PM
    Thanks for all the info but I think I'm going to just go ahead and ship it out. It's easier for AT&T to have a look at it. I still think it's all software related but we'll see what AT&T says.
    And they're honoring the warranty? If so, that's good to know...
    08-14-10 03:36 PM
    And they're honoring the warranty? If so, that's good to know...
    My family has AT&T in the USA so I'm sending it over to them. I contacted AT&T and they said as long as your a customer with them, they will honor the warranty. I'm going to go ahead and probably buy another one though seeing as it might take a week or so.
    08-14-10 03:51 PM
    Turns out it was the battery. I took my friends, popped it in. Works fine now.
    08-14-10 08:38 PM
    Turns out it was the battery. I took my friends, popped it in. Works fine now.
    Awesome, dude! I was pulling for you! Time to change your Device Model
    08-16-10 11:53 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD