It started off with my phone constantly reseting. I did a wipe and reloaded the OS and now it won't work. Just says Error 102... Help...
    08-13-10 12:38 PM
    08-13-10 12:42 PM
    I've tried that. I used BBSak to wipe the device then reloaded it and it'd do the same thing and freeze at the startup, then go to Error 102.
    08-13-10 12:49 PM
    Bring it back and get a new one. It shouldn't have been constantly restarting in the first place.
    08-13-10 12:51 PM
    Bring it back and get a new one. It shouldn't have been constantly restarting in the first place.
    I can't return it. I bought it outright from walmart and I'm from Canada. It's paperweight
    08-13-10 12:52 PM
    get ahold of rim.. you should have a year warranty.
    08-13-10 12:54 PM
    My phone started resetting by itself when i first got it, it turned out it was the memory card from my previous phone... I'm guessing it had something to do with the configuration of the memory card between the OS 5.0 and OS6 or there was a corrupt file on the memory card. All i did was wipe the memory card and re-insert it and i haven't had a problem since. I know this doesn't help you now, but it may help others in the future.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to bring back a bricked Torch, i hope you get it back up and running...

Good luck.
    08-13-10 12:55 PM
    as long as you have proof of purchase RIM should send you a new one.
    08-13-10 12:56 PM
    ok. now it's doing infinite loop. It'll load 3/4 then freeze and reset again.
    08-13-10 12:56 PM
    as long as you have proof of purchase RIM should send you a new one.
    I have the receipt from walmart but it's from usa and I'm from canada
    08-13-10 12:58 PM
    My phone started resetting by itself when i first got it, it turned out it was the memory card from my previous phone... I'm guessing it had something to do with the configuration of the memory card between the OS 5.0 and OS6 or there was a corrupt file on the memory card. All i did was wipe the memory card and re-insert it and i haven't had a problem since. I know this doesn't help you now, but it may help others in the future.

There are plenty of tutorials on how to bring back a bricked Torch, i hope you get it back up and running...

Good luck.
    Oh geez. I just noticed my memory card came straight from my 9700... Well that could have been the reason.
    08-13-10 01:10 PM
    try removing the sim and memory card and rebooting. see if that makes a difference..
    08-13-10 01:22 PM
    nope, loads to the exact same 3/4 spot and freezes.
    08-13-10 01:25 PM
    Could also be the fact that you're using it on a carrier it's not made for. Sure, it may be unlocked and in theory should work with carriers with compatible bands, but I remember a certain leaked OS release for the Bold 9000 that AT&T users couldn't install because it would be in a constant reboot loop.
    08-13-10 01:26 PM
    yea but i have no sim card in there right now and it's in the constant reboot loop.
    08-13-10 01:31 PM
    Could also be the fact that you're using it on a carrier it's not made for. Sure, it may be unlocked and in theory should work with carriers with compatible bands, but I remember a certain leaked OS release for the Bold 9000 that AT&T users couldn't install because it would be in a constant reboot loop.
    I think NoahFecks hit it on the head. You should try wiping the phone, and make sure the radio is off so your phone doesn't get service books pushed to it. Turn on WiFi and play around with it. If the phone is stable then it's your carrier's service books. If not, ship it off to RIM.
    08-13-10 01:31 PM
    I'm running it on Telus and the only problem I am having is Telus hasn't pushed the BB6 service books for the browser yet. Everything else works great...
    08-13-10 01:38 PM
    Oh my goddddd. Thank gooddd!! I pulled out my sim card and memory card then used BBsak to wipe the device, then once it wiped, i used bbsak to load the OS again, after the OS was loaded, it would still do the reboot loop so i used bbsak to "Factory Reset" and then it booted.
    08-13-10 01:39 PM
    Awesome news....
    08-13-10 02:12 PM
    K never mind. back to the infinite loop again, this time it freezes at 3/4's then says JVM Error 545 then goes off and back on again. and again... i think i'm going to throw this at a wall. I called RIM and they said they have no support for it.
    08-13-10 05:59 PM
    K never mind. back to the infinite loop again, this time it freezes at 3/4's then says JVM Error 545 then goes off and back on again. and again... i think i'm going to throw this at a wall. I called RIM and they said they have no support for it.
    Sorry to hear about the Torch. I was actually going to drive down south and grab one tomorrow but I may have to hold off if RIM isn't willing to help out. Why did RIM say that they didn't have support for it?
    08-13-10 06:20 PM
    Sorry to hear about the Torch. I was actually going to drive down south and grab one tomorrow but I may have to hold off if RIM isn't willing to help out. Why did RIM say that they didn't have support for it?
    They said they only support Sprint and Nextel BlackBerry's and that if I wanted help, they'd want my credit card and charge like a $90 diagnostic fee or w/e.
    08-13-10 06:22 PM
    Take it back my man... This phone was mass produced at a remarkable rate, so of course there will be some glitches in the software. I would say maybe wait for a software patch, but f that get a new one while you still can. What good is a bricked phone? Try hooking it up to desktop manager 6 and browsing through the options maybe?
    08-13-10 06:31 PM
    The infinite reboot sounds familiar. Try reading up on this guide: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    08-13-10 06:37 PM
    Shouldn't u be able to return it to walmart?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 07:18 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD