anyone else's screen loose when the slider is closed and your typing the phone clicks almost like a storm
    08-22-10 01:39 AM
    I just got my 9800 yesterday and I'm experiencing the same thing you are. It's not as bad when the screen is in the up position but it's bugging me every time I use the touch pad or the bottom keys. I'm planning to stop by the AT&T store and see if this is normal.
    08-22-10 03:11 AM
    I've had the same problem, but it actually stopped and now my slider is getting stuck. I'm exchanging the phone today because I do not think that it is normal.
    08-22-10 07:14 AM
    Yes its the standard wiggle ir wobble issue with this phone. I'm come to deal with it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.craw.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 08:36 AM
    I had the same problem with 2 of my torches so far. My fix was pretty simple.

Get a small strip of one sided foam (sticky on one side). Cut it to about 3/4 of the width of the bottom inside curve of the torch. Shave it down (scissors will cut it fine) until it is very very thin. Stick it down being careful not to cover the microphone and you are all set.

This should put just enough foam under the slider when it is down to stop it from clicking, but not enough to keep the magnets from engaging (required when you slide it closed, the keyboard appears). Mine works like a charm now.

The foam does impede the spacebar a bit, but it is so slim and you get used to it so quickly, you will not notice it after typing a few times.
    09-04-10 01:24 PM
    Same here when I use the touch screen and its driving me crazy! What about when watching videos? Anyone notice the back bottom of the Torch getting warm/hot?
    12-28-10 03:18 PM
    Further down in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/my...le-fix-555232/

you will find my fix for the wiggle. Works well and unlike the foam solution above it is invisible once added.
    12-28-10 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD