recently ive come to think i understand rim's business model, pearl = welcome to blackberry, curve = entry level blackberry, storm = tech savvy fun and bold/tour = business phone. this phone seems like more of an entry level phone, hence i believe it will be a curve. i'm more of a business orientated person when it comes to my phone. i need every thing right there right now so the bold 9700 is perfect for me. if i carried a slider id get laughed out of the office, not to mention the slow down of sliding out the keyboard. this device should definitely be a curve 9300 save the magnum for the bold name.
    03-12-10 09:27 PM
    your perspective on rim's way of doing business is right on the money. i really don't think the slider will be called a curve though. the magnum name has been scrapped for a long time. i believe this slider will be a 9800 series. what it will be called e.g blackberry " " 9800 still remains to be determined. i don't think the slider will be considered a business model. it will join the storm as the tech savvy fun series. but it will not be called a blackberry storm 9800 because rim is going to develop a storm 3 for the distant future. rim has to find a place for this slider. the bold is the only spot that makes sense for it to be on even though it is not a business phone. rim could always add a slider series to their lineup. but that is yet to be seen. this slider comes with a qwerty and trackpad. both descriptions match the bold very well. as i mentioned above, it can also go to the storm series as tech savvy fun. so we will see how rim comes about with this.
    03-12-10 11:03 PM
    Maybe as the screen on this one doesn't seem as big as a storm they will have this one as a bold and later on they can have landscape slider using the storm branding.

As far as your ideas of how they see each brand, most seem ok, except pearl is more transition from a feature phone than it is specifically welcome to blackberry.
    Last edited by Skeevecr; 03-14-10 at 12:25 PM.
    03-14-10 12:22 PM
    i just saw this on twitter:

"@BBleaks I can confirm that the bb slider is not a bold, has a touchscreen with virtual keyboard when in landscape, and it will be CDMA/GSM"
    03-14-10 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD