before switching to the torch I always used a plantronics voyager 510 without issues.

I'm finding that with the torch the headset often disconnects even tho the phone is close, in my pocket. has anyone else found this with other headsets. oalso the voice tends to breakup!
    11-09-10 08:38 PM
    On337 my Q2 has issues as well. It is not disconnecting but audio gets choppy on the uplink.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 11-09-10 at 08:52 PM.
    11-09-10 08:46 PM
    Try upgrading the OS to .337.
    11-09-10 08:50 PM
    I am on 337. Not sure what the op is running.

11-09-10 08:53 PM
    You can load whatever version of the bluetooth .cod you want.

net_rim_bluetooth.cod

Grab from whatever 9800 OS revision you want and install it using BBSAK, then reboot. See if one of them fixes it.
    11-09-10 08:54 PM
    That's a thought! I will do that tomorrow. 246 worked fine.

11-09-10 08:57 PM
    .337 and a jawbone icon work great for me other then being a bit choppy at a distance, close to the end of BT range. I wear my BT nearly all day and have never had it disconnect.
    11-10-10 03:50 AM
    I use the BB HS-500+ (I think that the model number). Used with my 9700 through multiple OS's and always performed like a champ.

Now through all 3 OS's I've used with the Torch (246, 284, 337) I get the same random disconnect issues about which the OP is complaining.

I can't fully remember if it was that bad with 246, definitely sucked eggs on 284, and has already happened a couple in first few days on 337.

Hopefully this is on RIM's to-do list!

11-10-10 04:10 AM
    I have some or other Jabra BT headset, never had any problems on my BBs, including the Torch on .284.
    11-10-10 04:35 AM
    I use the BB HS-500+ (I think that the model number). Used with my 9700 through multiple OS's and always performed like a champ.

Now through all 3 OS's I've used with the Torch (246, 284, 337) I get the same random disconnect issues about which the OP is complaining.

I can't fully remember if it was that bad with 246, definitely sucked eggs on 284, and has already happened a couple in first few days on 337.

Hopefully this is on RIM's to-do list!

By the sounds of it I would say it's your headset and not the torches BT radio. My jawbone has worked flawlessly through every OS so far. My typical setup is my phone is on a desk and I walk around with no problem until I'm at the 50 or so foot range(max distance for BT).
    Last edited by homer1475; 11-10-10 at 04:40 AM.
    11-10-10 04:37 AM
    By the sounds of it I would say it's your headset and not the torches BT radio. My jawbone has worked flawlessly through every OS so far. My typical setup is my phone is on a desk and I walk around with no problem until I'm at the 50 or so foot range(max distance for BT).
    I fully believe you, but I think this might be one of those things where OS's can have different pro's & con's from device to device.

Then again, it would be right up RIM's alley to have their own branded BT headset be out of date in under a year�

11-10-10 11:46 AM
    can someone let me know what I have to do to get my blue tooth to automatically connect without having to hit "OK" on the notification? I would just like it to connect to my headset without having to do that. thanks
    11-11-10 08:56 AM
    Select the checkboz that asks if you want it not to give you further notifications upon connection of that device, or in the BT menu select the device and use the menu key. Select device properties and then tell it that the device is trusted.

11-11-10 03:56 PM
    The Motorola S9 Stereo BT works fine on 246, 284, 337.
    11-11-10 11:00 PM
    Select the checkboz that asks if you want it not to give you further notifications upon connection of that device
    where is that or what menu are you referring to?

or in the BT menu select the device and use the menu key. Select device properties and then tell it that the device is trusted.
    device was already listed as trusted. still asks for permission to connect each time.
    11-16-10 09:07 AM
    Manage Connections > Bluetooth Connections

Select your BT headset and click "Device Properties", then in the first pull down box "Trusted", switch it to "Prompt". Then turn on your headset and when the box that pops up asking if you want to connect click the little box that says "Don't display this message again", then click ok.

Should connect without prompting you from now on. There will be a little box that pops up saying it connected but should not ask if it is ok.
    11-16-10 09:19 AM
    Manage Connections > Bluetooth Connections

Select your BT headset and click "Device Properties", then in the first pull down box "Trusted", switch it to "Prompt". Then turn on your headset and when the box that pops up asking if you want to connect click the little box that says "Don't display this message again", then click ok.

Should connect without prompting you from now on. There will be a little box that pops up saying it connected but should not ask if it is ok.

nope. it still is asking if I want to connect. I've never gotten the "Don't display this message again" message? I've tried both the prompt and trusted option. I did notice there was a "silent" option as well on the drop down but didn't know what that was so didn't try it.

any other thoughts?
    11-17-10 11:04 AM
    nope. it still is asking if I want to connect. I've never gotten the "Don't display this message again" message? I've tried both the prompt and trusted option. I did notice there was a "silent" option as well on the drop down but didn't know what that was so didn't try it.

any other thoughts?
    I have mine set to Yes, and I automatically connect.

Maybe try deleting the device entirely from your BT list. Do a battery pull, then re-add it and see if there's any place to select for it to auto-connect.
    11-17-10 07:01 PM
    FWIW the brand spanking new Blackberry HS-700 is also randomly dropping calls...not cool.
    11-18-10 12:58 AM

any other thoughts?
    When you first connect your headset, do you not get a popup box asking if you want to pair with this device?
    On the bottom of that popup box there should be a checkbox with the option "never show this message again". Switching to silent should also stop the popup box asking if you want to pair. Least that's how mine works.
    11-18-10 06:19 AM
    FWIW the brand spanking new Blackberry HS-700 is also randomly dropping calls...not cool.
    I was playing with the BT device properties the other day, and for no apparent reason other then to try it out, I switched the echo control to "on". Kept dropping the connection every few minutes. Switched the echo control back to auto and I haven't dropped connection since.

Now whether this has anything to do with what you guys are experiencing or not, I don't know. Just posting what worked for me and the experience I had. Maybe try that if you haven't already.
    11-18-10 06:23 AM
    Man would I LOOOOOOOOOVE to shove this post down Rogers' tech supports proverbial throats. They've tried to tell me (and my wife) that this is not a known/common problem with the Torch, and that they "know a lot of people in this office" that have the Torch and have no problems (coincidentally they ALWAYS seem to have the same phone I have when I call in with problems they can't fix.)

That being said, I'm starting to worry it won't get fixed. They're already talking about 6.1, which is starting to make me believe OS6 is going to be the Storm 1 of OS's.........flop from the start, S$!T, we gotta get another one out there quick!

Bottom line is, i've been a Blackberry addict for coming up on 3 years now, and this experience has made me start seeking alternate arrangements. Matter of fact, if my carrier carried the Droid Pro, this Torch would be in a box on it's way back to Rogers.

I've tried the echo control trick from the last post, so i'm hoping it bears some fruit, before I decide to throw this thing under the tires of my truck.......

P.S. For information sake, I have a Plantronics Voyager Pro and my wife has an older Nokia headset. We both have Torches, my wife's is running on the latest Rogers (.246?) and i'm running Beeline's .337
    01-17-11 12:18 AM
    I use to have problems with the BT headset disconnecting randomly, but that seemed to stop after a couple of days. I was using a sony headset. I've since changed to a blueant and I've had it disconnect, but within a second or two it connects back. It I strange that this is so random with this phone.

I've also come to learn that rogers techs are almost useless. If its not on their screen, its not an issue that they're aware of. I had a guy tell me that with the screen wobble. He said they've never heard of that problem and he even talked to his manager. Rogers is getting to be pretty bad, yet once again.

01-17-11 04:38 PM
    I use to have problems with the BT headset disconnecting randomly, but that seemed to stop after a couple of days. I was using a sony headset. I've since changed to a blueant and I've had it disconnect, but within a second or two it connects back. It I strange that this is so random with this phone.
    wapforums.crackberry.com
    I recently switched to a Blueant Q2 and at first it was randomly disconnecting, someone mentioned that I reset the Q2(pressing and holding all 3 buttons) and deleting the profile from my phone and then resyncing. Has worked like a charm since, Not once have I randomly dropped connection to the Q2.

The call quality on the other hand is another issue, not sure if it's the hybrid OS I'm running or the Q2.
    01-17-11 04:49 PM
    my sony-ericsson mw600 works great
    01-17-11 08:02 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD