i want to be able to sync my blackberry torch via bluetooth but i have had quite a challenge. I am running windows 7 ultimate 64 and have an old bluetooth adapter. can any one recommend an good bluetooth adapter or what features are needed on this adapter?
    06-13-11 03:33 PM
    BT adapters are dirt cheap. Make sure it's at least BT 2.0. Both my 9000 and 9800 sync to DM over BT and I can tether over BT as well.
    06-13-11 06:13 PM
    Man I have a new laptop with bluetooth 2.1+EDR and it works like crap with my tour. I've tried everything I could find and esp. tethering is slower than dial up. Would a newer bb with 2.1+EDR work any better?
    06-13-11 07:56 PM
    Man I have a new laptop with bluetooth 2.1+EDR and it works like crap with my tour. I've tried everything I could find and esp. tethering is slower than dial up. Would a newer bb with 2.1+EDR work any better?
    I can't say. I've tethered my laptop (BT2.1) to my torch and got what seemed to be 3g speeds when I had a good 3g signal.
    06-13-11 08:39 PM
    Both my 9000 and 9800 sync to DM over BT and I can tether over BT as well.
    saudadeii: how do you get this to work? I just bought a Cirago Class 1 BT usb micro adapter. Installed it, can get the data transfer connection just fine, but Desktop Manager does not recognize that a BT connection exists. When I go to Tools>Desktop options>Bluetooth it says that my PC doesn't have the necessary support for Bt functionality.

Any ideas how to get DM to recognize the adapter? Running Win 7 Pro with BB OS 6.0.

Thanks so much!
    06-24-11 05:18 AM
    Make sure you have "Allow BT Connections", in DM, under Tools, Desktop Option. If you can synch DM over BT, then you merely need to setup the dialup networking using the "Standard Modem Over Bluetooth".

AT&T offers a connection manager that should simplify the setup. I prefer to manually configure the connection.

AT&T Communication Manager - AT&T BusinessDirect� | Premier Business Center
    06-24-11 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD