Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. darbsllim's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default blackberry torch won't turn on

    I just bought a blackberry torch.

    They told me to let it go down to the yellow bar and then charge it.

    So I was playing with it all day, and it never went into the yellow, until it finally told me battery discharged, shutting down...

    it's been plugged in for hours and it won't turn on.

    Sometimes the red light comes on, sometimes it doesn't.

    What do I do? This blows.

    Same thing happened with my first bold 2 years ago - battery discharged so much that it wouldn't charge up.
  2. IchigoMochi's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    395 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #2  

    Default

    They told you to let it discharge almost completely? That's actually detrimental to the life of the battery.

    The week before the Torch launched here my 9000 discharged completely and after 20 minutes it turned on again. Since yours has been plugged in for hours I'm not sure what to say. Sorry, I hope you get that fixed quickly.

    I wonder if this is just a normal symptom of complete battery discharge. It seems rather odd if its taking that long.
  3. jstarett's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    784 Posts
    PIN
    In my pants.
    #3  

    Default

    Do you have it plugged into the wall or your computer?
    Bold (9000) | Torch (9800) | Torch (9810) | Z10 OS: 10.2.1.2941
    Playbook 64G WiFi QNX: SOLD
  4. geng9's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    5 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Try to press the trackpad! while the led light is blinking.
    I had the same problem before, couldn't turn on but the led light is blinking then I pressed the trackpad and everything was back on.


    Paisit
  5. Janye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    680 Posts
    Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    PIN
    290201D6
    #5  

    Default

    I don't know what moron would suggest that but if it is not turning on k would bring it back to the store since it is their fault for the crappy advice they gave on how to“charge“ it. Geeze. What A moronic thing to tell a customer. I don't even think the bar goes yellow. I think it goes straight to red then dead.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  6. darbsllim's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    38 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jstarett View Post
    Do you have it plugged into the wall or your computer?
    I had it plugged into my computer, then I had it plugged into the wall via one of these



    I charge all my usb devices this way.

    Anyway when I used the little ac cube it ended up working.
  7. familygeek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #7  

    Default Torch: a non-starter

    My wife just got a torch yesterday. We immediately had the following problems:

    • She couldn't get it to make a phone call, the keys wouldn't work.
    • We took a video which then could not be deleted (select delete, confirm when it asks "do you really want to", but it doesn't go away)
    • Even though it was on a charger, the device was unresponsive in the morning, would not power up.
    • After removing and re-installing the battery the device powered up but would not respond to any key presses.
    • I called the phone, it rang and correctly displayed the caller ID, but there was no way to answer the call.


    What an amazing piece of garbage. Couple all that with a stone-age interface and the result is truly unimpressive. If it wasn't for the fact that her company happens to use Lotus we would never ever buy another blackberry. In fact, if Traveler works then we'll start encouraging all of the employees to go with Droids or iPhones.
  8. kwkid's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,370 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by familygeek View Post
    My wife just got a torch yesterday. We immediately had the following problems:

    • She couldn't get it to make a phone call, the keys wouldn't work.
    • We took a video which then could not be deleted (select delete, confirm when it asks "do you really want to", but it doesn't go away)
    • Even though it was on a charger, the device was unresponsive in the morning, would not power up.
    • After removing and re-installing the battery the device powered up but would not respond to any key presses.
    • I called the phone, it rang and correctly displayed the caller ID, but there was no way to answer the call.


    What an amazing piece of garbage. Couple all that with a stone-age interface and the result is truly unimpressive. If it wasn't for the fact that her company happens to use Lotus we would never ever buy another blackberry. In fact, if Traveler works then we'll start encouraging all of the employees to go with Droids or iPhones.
    Well thanks for stopping by and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You appear to be another person who bought a device that is smarter than they are. Not sure if I feel sorrier for your wife or the phone at this point?!?!?
    Newly Abused, Permanently Addicted
  9. familygeek's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    2 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kwkid View Post
    Well thanks for stopping by and don't let the door hit you on the way out. You appear to be another person who bought a device that is smarter than they are. Not sure if I feel sorrier for your wife or the phone at this point?!?!?
    Wow, didn't realize that the device was smarter than I was. Thanks for clearing that up! Nevermind the fact that I have developed firmware for everything from microwave instruments to implantable medical devices, guess I just don't have the technical chops to figure out a complicated device like a phone!

    So just to clear up my befuddled mind, can you explain to me how a device that powers itself down, won't delete videos, won't turn on until the battery is removed/replaced, and won't answer incoming calls is smarter than me? Please use small words, dumb guys like me have a hard time with the big words.

    Several other people have reported similar problems with the Torch. That must be one smart phone since it's smarter than an awful lot of people!

    It's not an anti-blackberrry thing, it's a disappointed-with-the-torch thing. My wife has had a blackberry for years, it has worked great for her. She got the Torch and we all thought "look at this, it seems pretty cool!"...until it wouldn't work at all. She took it back yesterday and got a Bold, which seems to be working just fine.

    And just to clear up whether you should feel sorry for the phone or my wife: feel sorry for her. She's the one who had to go through the frustration of blowing several hours as a result of the Torch's weirdness. Hmm, I just realized that she must be dumber than a phone too...right?

    Don't feel sorry for the phone, it was essentially dead out of the box and even the (obviously stupid) AT&T people couldn't make it work properly.

Posting Permissions