Hi, ive been experiencing a problem with setting up email account for my phone
    it actually was working before, until lately i just noticed that i couldn't add email
    accounts anymore, when i run the email setup, it just opens a white screen and says "checking for updates..." and takes forever, it doesnt work, is there any fix for this problem? thank you!
    07-06-11 12:01 PM
    can you manually log in to your BIS and add the account that way?
    if not try a battery pull.
    f the problem still persists try deleting and resending service books
    rjtan08 likes this.
    07-06-11 12:05 PM
    thanks for the reply, i cant log in the the BIS site manually, for some reason it displays a page error, battery pull doesnt work, if you mind can you direct me to the instructions on how to delete and resend service books so i can try it? thank you!
    07-06-11 12:11 PM
    Options - Device - Advanced System Settings - Service Book
    Delete everything it will let you (PROVISIONING) wont delete, and usually 2 or 3 more.

Then do a battery pull, and this will re register your phone and resend the most up to date service books.

If this doesnt help, I would then contact your carrier and get some help from their end.
    07-06-11 12:26 PM
    haha, ok i did all of these, now my email setup is gone from my setup menu
    07-06-11 01:36 PM
    I am having problems with my email as well. I go to setup > email accounts > internet mail account, then my BB says "updates are ready for your device" and I click "yes" > then I download "email setup application version 6.11.0419.0755" > then my BB asks me if I want to replace "email setup application version 6.0.0" with the version above, I click replace > half way through the download my BB says "com.rim.bis.client contains a different version of module net_rim_bis_client which is also used by email setup application. If you proceed, email setup application may cease to function properly. Proceed?" If I click no, the download just cancels and nothing happens but if I click yes, I get a white screen that says app 606 error and I have to put my OS on my BB again. I have tried battery pulls and its not cutting it. Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated.
    07-06-11 05:38 PM
    I need help as well. I had to do a complete wipe to get out of a endless loop. I restored using data from a back up about a year ago. After I restored all my old stuff is there including my email accounts. However they do not work. When I try to go to Setup>Email Accounts either nothing happens or I get to the next page, click on the set up and get bounced back to the set up page. Some times it just gets hung up and I have to pull the battery to get going again. I have pulled the battery, the sims card and the memory card and nothing helps. I even restored to another, even earlier, back up but still have the problem. HELP
    02-16-12 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD