According to BGR, the BB9800 Slider is coming to AT&T in mid to late June of this year. Also, according to their post, the slider will be running Blackberry 6.0. Link below for more details.

They claim that AT&T will have some sort of "exclusive" time period with the device (3 month, 6 months, 1+years) that has not "leaked".
    Hopefully it's only three months so I'll be able to grab it on TMO when I eligible for an upgrade!!!

BlackBerry Bold 9800 slider launching in June at AT&T � Boy Genius Report
    Last edited by ChefMorry; 05-20-10 at 04:21 PM. Reason: wrong spelling....whoops!
    05-14-10 06:27 AM
    What's a Slidder?????

Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one.....
    05-14-10 08:12 AM
    How many of these threads are you going to start on this? And with the same really bad misspelling?
    05-14-10 10:00 AM
    Lol give em a break we all having spelling mishaps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 08:35 PM
    BGR also claimed the Bold 9650 was coming out May 1 for a fact OS6 isn't even gonna be ready until next quarter, He probably meant mid January. Not June.
    05-17-10 09:19 PM
    BGR also claimed the Bold 9650 was coming out May 1 for a fact OS6 isn't even gonna be ready until next quarter, He probably meant mid January. Not June.
    So BGR was off by a couple of weeks with the 9650. I hardly think that means BGR is off by 7 months with the 9800.
    05-18-10 06:03 AM
    BGR speculates with no real evidence and it all the sudden becomes fact. His source is probably a CSR at ATT. Lol
    05-18-10 09:59 AM
    Anybody know if it will be avaible for t-mobile as well?

05-18-10 08:54 PM
    Will it work on ATT's enhanced HSPA that is coming out at the end of the year?
    05-18-10 09:26 PM
    the waiting game is always the hardest part especially since we are a society of instant gratification. even though it wont be another month or so before it is released, i want info NOW - damn you at&t/RIM
    05-18-10 11:22 PM
    Hey Chef Morry, I love reading your post just so I can keep saying.... slidder slidder slidder.
    LOL :-)

05-20-10 02:35 PM
    I say we petition RIM to actually call it the Slidder.
    05-20-10 03:45 PM
    I cant wait for my brand new AT&T slidder
    05-20-10 04:15 PM
    I heard as of last week that the Slider wasnt even in testing yet with At&t but would be within 30 days. With that said, June would be very unlikely
    05-20-10 04:17 PM
    I changed the spelling for all you guys in my original post. Hope you makes you happy. It would not allow me to change the thread name

I apologize for the misspelling....I was simply trying to do you all of favor and pass on the news I read over at BGR, since I thought it was semi-big news. And in trying to get the thread started as quickly as possible, I spelt it wrong!
    05-20-10 04:23 PM
    I changed the spelling for all you guys in my original post. Hope you makes you happy. It would not allow me to change the thread name

I apologize for the misspelling....I was simply trying to do you all of favor and pass on the news I read over at BGR, since I thought it was semi-big news. And in trying to get the thread started as quickly as possible, I spelt it wrong!
    Edited thread title. And yes rumors are always fun to read. Sometimes they are right but many times wrong. Thats why they are called rumors
    05-20-10 04:28 PM
    If RIM doesn't launch this device before the iPhone 4G, its going to flop big time. I hope the June launch rumors are true...
    05-20-10 04:53 PM
    If RIM doesn't launch this device before the iPhone 4G, its going to flop big time. I hope the June launch rumors are true...
    Its not up to RIM when it launches. Its once the carriers approve of their testing of the device/OS
    05-20-10 05:06 PM
    Its not up to RIM when it launches. Its once the carriers approve of their testing of the device/OS
    It's not in field trial w/ at&t yet so June and July releases are out. Assuming it goes to the field in the next couple of weeks August may be a possibility assuming there are no problems with little things like new hardware features, new os, etc...

I hate to pour cold water on everyone but I will say that an October release is the most likely....

PG
    05-22-10 09:41 AM
    Lol. Remembering the BOLD and all of the hype (and issues) prior to the official release on November 04 by at&t. But, no one wants to pay for something that has problems straight out of the box.
    05-22-10 09:59 AM
    It's not in field trial w/ at&t yet so June and July releases are out. Assuming it goes to the field in the next couple of weeks August may be a possibility assuming there are no problems with little things like new hardware features, new os, etc...

I hate to pour cold water on everyone but I will say that an October release is the most likely....

PG
    Yeah August would only happen if testing was to go almost perfect but we know what happened with prior devices especially the 9000 lol
    05-22-10 01:34 PM
    I hope it comes out soon.

05-22-10 11:05 PM

PG
    Thanks for the update PG. Do we at least have comfirmation/strong belief that it will be coming to AT&T?

I loved my BlackBerry Curve on AT&T and desperately wanted the Storm 2, but decided not to jump ship back to Verizon and give the iPhone a try ... I deteste it. I want a touchscreen BlackBerry and if this doesn't release on AT&T then I'll probably pay the ETF and jump to Verizon on a 1 year contract to get the Storm 3 and then update the following year to an LTE BlackBerry Touchscreen. But honestly, either network is fine for me, so I'd kin of rather stay on AT&T and not have to drag my entire family over to Verizon. :/

So any update on how firm the belief that it will come to AT&T when released is very much appreciated PG.
    05-23-10 12:08 PM
    When I first heard about this phone, I was really excited! Its the perfect phone for me.... Then when I heard that it was maybe coming out in June with AT&T, that was even better cause I'm on AT&T and my birthday is in June. But now with everyone talking that it not going to be till Aug maybe.... that really sucks. I don't want to wait anymore! I love this phone, and can't wait for it to come out!
    05-23-10 01:03 PM
    Bold 9000...1st week Nov 2008
    Bold 9700...1st week Nov 2009
    Bold 9800...what do you think?

05-23-10 01:17 PM
189 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD