I bought a Torch last week and it came with BlackBerry Premium Stereo Headsets (HDW-15766-005). I used them for the first time today.

RIM should be ashamed to ship a top-of-the-line phone like the Torch with such mediocre earphones. Absolute junk. They sound like crap and don't stay in the ears. The earphones that came with my low-end Curve 8530 are 10 times better and those that came with my wife's iPod are 100% better.
    I bought my Torch at Rogers and mine came with these:

They're not the best but they're decent. I can live with them. I also searched up your headphones at amazon and the new are for $6. Explains a lot lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-11 03:28 PM
    Only posting because I'm a little confused about part #'s and which headsets are being shipped with which phones - seems like there's a bit of inconsistency going on.

Bold 9000 headset FTW!!!! These ones are absolute garbage.
    The headset that came with my Bold 9000 sounds great IMHO (especially when Bass Boost is set as the Headset Music EQ!!). I haven't taken the ones that came with my Torch out of the package, because, since they don't seal themselves into the ear canal, I don't believe they're going to sound as good as the ones that came with my Bold (which do seal themselves into the ear canal), but they look to be the same ones that luqman24 posted a picture of (above). I'm going to continue using the ones that came with my Bold, since I think they sound great.

I bought a Torch last week and it came with BlackBerry Premium Stereo Headsets (HDW-15766-005). I used them for the first time today.

RIM should be ashamed to ship a top-of-the-line phone like the Torch with such mediocre earphones. Absolute junk. They sound like crap and don't stay in the ears.
    Here's where I get a little confused over part #'s - the headphones that came with my Torch are a different part # than that listed by the OP - mine are part # HDW-24529_001, and like I said, look like the picture posted by luqman24 above. The ones that came with my Bold however, which IMHO sound great, are part # HDW-15766-005 - the same part # the OP posted! Now I'll admit that I'm no audiophile, but for a headset that came delivered with a phone, I was VERY impressed with their sound quality, and am happily using them with my Torch (also with Bass Boost set as the Headset Music EQ!) and will continue to do so.

I also searched up your headphones at amazon and the new are for $6. Explains a lot lol.
    I bought a replacement set of the HDW-15766-005 headset (since that's the model that came with my Bold) for $6 on Amazon. Like I said before, I think they sound great, and I'm more than happy to pay $6 for a replacement set if I ever need to again!!

My $0.02 - your mileage may vary.

And since nobody answered this question:
    Does the Torch not have a regular headphone jack like the Bold 9000? You have to use an adaptor?!! That might be a deal breaker for me.
    The Torch does have a regular 3.5mm headphone jack, just like the Bold 9000. I believe the adapter mentioned was only for aftermarket headsets that didn't have a microphone build in.
    01-23-11 06:56 PM
    I have to agree both the standard in-package headphones and the "premium" multimedia in-ear headphones suck! I bought the premium just so that I can control the playback.. the controls work beautifully but the actual sound of the headphones sound tinny and garbage.

I was most likely spoiled with the in-ear Apple headphones that I've had for over a year. They would not control the music playback and had issues with calls (Sound would cut in/out and the mic doesn't work) However, I went back to my Apple ones and couldn't be happier. No headphones match the Apple one's when it comes to bank for buck!
    01-23-11 09:11 PM
    Personally, I never expect a phone to come with a quality headset. RIM is a phone manufacture. If your looking for clarity and quality in headphones, seek a reputable aftermarket headphone manufacture.
    Totally agree with this statement. Furthermore, IMO it isn't the headphones alone that are at fault, regardless of if they are premium or not. Simple fact is the BlackBerry, every single model, sucks as a multimedia device. Even with the best headphone these things sound like crap.
    01-24-11 07:58 AM
    I have to agree with the bulk of the sentiments expressed here. I had just left my Torch headphones in their package and continued to use the ones that had come with my 9000. I made the mistake of gardening with the 9000 among some foliage and destroyed them. I switched to the new Torch headphones and it was an instant WTF? moment. Horribly, horribly tinny sound. I'm ordering a new pair of the old 9000 headphones right now.
    01-24-11 08:44 AM
    I guess I never really use earbuds... if I want headphones, I'll get some that I can wear and not have to squish into my ears. I never used the earbuds with my 9700 or my 9800.
    01-24-11 08:46 AM
    I have no use for the ones that came boxed with my Torch. I spent less than $20 for https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=d6Nvi1t1 these. They have a volume control and forward-backward controls and ear buds instead of little speakers. And they sound great on phone calls.

They are as good/better than the ones I got with my Bold, which were pretty darn good.
    01-24-11 09:31 AM
    I have recently found the headset by Klipsch, model "S2M", is ideal for the BB. The earbuds slip perfectly into the ear canal and sit there comfortably as long as I want to wear them. Being an audio device from Klipsch, reknowned for its audio equipment, the sound quality is really really good. And it includes a mic which work perfectly for phone calls. The mic has a single button. When listening to music, if a call comes in and you want to answer it, just tap the mic button, the music is then muted and you can answer the call. To ignore the call, hold the button for a second and the call goes to voicemail.

I found them on ebay for less than $40 including shipping from the US to Canada.
    01-24-11 10:22 AM
    Lol I expected the phone to come with crappy earbuds. Just about every devive comes with terrible headphones. I think the worst are the iphone headphones, probably some of the worst.

01-24-11 02:30 PM
    The white torch comes with a decent pair. Had a Red one first time around, felt like crappy dollar store product.
    01-24-11 02:34 PM
    Rule of thumb: stock earphones are always crap.

except the 9700
    01-24-11 05:03 PM
    Totally agree with this statement. Furthermore, IMO it isn't the headphones alone that are at fault, regardless of if they are premium or not. Simple fact is the BlackBerry, every single model, sucks as a multimedia device. Even with the best headphone these things sound like crap.
    For what it's worth, I bought Klipsch Image S4 headphones and they sound great with my Torch, same as with my wife's iPod Nano. I think the Torch is a fine multimedia device. In fact, in addition to listening to music, I watch video podcasts and movies almost daily.

As for the different models of headsets, it seems obvious by now that different carriers are bundling different headsets with the device, since we have the actual part numbers listed and they're different. The ones that came with luqman24's Rogers Torch appear to be the same that I had with my Telus Curve 8530 and they were quite acceptable. The ones that came with my Torch are the so called premium model and they are terrible beyond words.
    01-24-11 07:06 PM

RIM should be ashamed to ship a top-of-the-line phone like the Torch with such mediocre earphones. Absolute junk. They sound like crap and don't stay in the ears. The earphones that came with my low-end Curve 8530 are 10 times better and those that came with my wife's iPod are 100% better.
    The earphones that come with the torch are not the premium earbuds the earbuds that come with the torch are the new low end bb headphones to replace the old oem onesthese
    blackberry premium earbuds are these
    the stock headphones that ship with blackberries up until OS 5 devices were like this I have about 10 pairs of the oems that i got on ebay for 8 bucks (for all 10) they sound great and are really durable, the premium earbuds sound great but after the right speaker died on 3 pairs i gave up, I totally agree that the headphones that came with the torch are a joke, bring back the old ugly bb headphones eveyone loves
    01-25-11 12:45 PM
    Honestly, is it just me or is bashing RIM's products and creations a habit. Like am I missing something here? what more do u want from what OS6 has to offer in terms of multimedia experience. The video streaming quality good on OS6 and the Torch, the music and videos UI is great, OS6 UI is awesome, or were you just hoping to see the iPhone multimedia simulator on the bbs because that will never happen in this lifetime. Please help me understand i'm confused here.

Last edited by luqman24; 01-25-11 at 04:59 PM.
    01-25-11 04:56 PM
    The earphones that come with the torch are not the premium earbuds
    Dude, if you read my original message, you will see that not only did I write the exact model name that is on the bag but I also listed the part number. If you bother to Google the part number (HDW-15766-005) you will find dozens of link that confirm they are the "Premium" model. They also look just like those in your "Premium" link. Also, if you bother to read the rest of this thread you will see that we've already established, based on the part numbers, that Rogers (your carrier) and TELUS (my carrier) are shipping different earbuds with the Torch.
    01-25-11 08:24 PM
    I got a pair of SkullCandy Chrome Full Metal Jacket in earbuds on the AT&T website. Let me just say the volume, bass, and overall sound on these is amazing! With my premier discount on the at&t website, got them for thiry bucks!!! Go to best buy or fry's and the same ones will cost you 80 bucks!
    01-25-11 09:53 PM
    my torch (at+t imported) came with the same naff set that i got with all my others, the earphones, not inner ear jobs, i have the premium set though that i bought, came with multiple ear covers of different colours and its own case, and they arent too bad.
    what i would say though is i have the apple inner ear headphones, they are �60 uk or $79 US direct from apple, and fair play they are very very good, deep bass (well for headphones) and crisp vocals. i highly reccomend them, yes they arent cheap, but then i guess ya get what ya pay for
    01-25-11 10:01 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD