Thanks that all made me feel much better...I think...Makes me want to go out and buy another Blackberry...

I guess the IPhone is not a smartphone either, cause NO real business professionals use them...So maybe Fox 2 was talked about the IPhone. Which I call a gamer phone.
    Wow.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-17-10 09:59 PM
    Just my luck. Ive only had my 9800 for a couple of weeks, now at the first of the year it's automatically going to "dumb" down. Great. Guess I'll have to start using my old Razor........
    12-18-10 07:34 AM
    We're not people that use a good smartphone

We're smart people that use a good phone, that's the big different of blackberry ;p
    12-18-10 07:47 AM
    Just my luck. Ive only had my 9800 for a couple of weeks, now at the first of the year it's automatically going to "dumb" down. Great. Guess I'll have to start using my old Razor........
    Yeah, I think I'm gonna just dig out my StarTac.

12-18-10 08:55 AM
    Let me clear this up since you all are unaware of what is going on here.

Effective 01 January 2011, due to a software coding glitch, every BlackBerry ever
    made, and due to be made, will turn into toasters. The really bad news is that the
    Storm 1 will only be able to lightly toast bread, on one side.

For those thinking QNX will solve this problem, sadly that is not the case but the
    upside is all QNX devices will also have a built panini mode.

WTF is the OP talking about?!?!
    I kind of like the toaster idea, since my toaster is starting to toast unevenly.

Seriously, I'd almost welcome BB not being lumped with the others. It's more than a "feature phone", has more attitude than most "smartphones", has more business security, better battery life, etc.. A Blackberry isn't a wannabe. Even with themes that look like something else, a BB always functions like a BB. That can't necessarily be said for other phone OSes. And why not make it five categories? Dumb phones, feature phones, smartphones, toys (that call themselves smartphones, but are really best as portable game consoles), & Blackberries (which stand by themselves, anyway).
    12-18-10 08:58 AM
    Skynet is becoming aware, and will take over RIMs servers.

12-18-10 09:10 AM
    I'd think that BlackBerries would be the ones to stay as smartphones, as they were they original creators of the smartphone, weren't they?

Either way, this is part of a larger conspiracy. While I haven't looked at all of the websites I can safely say that Rogers, Bell, and Telus have 3 phone sections in their website: mobile phones, smartphones, and iPhones. Next blackberry will have its own separate section, then in the summer Android will cease to be a smartphone, then WM in 2012, then Pre in summer of 2012, then just before the end of 2012 Nokia gets its own section and the world ends.
    12-18-10 09:49 AM
    I heard a small part on the fox 2 news this morning, that said something about the Blackberry is NOT going to be a smartphone after the first of the year.

Has anyone else heard anything about that?

Please don't take away my Blackberry...I love it.
    Did anyone ever tell you or gave you a hint, that you are watching the wrong news source? (Fox)
    12-18-10 10:46 AM
    by far THE funniest thread ever.

maybe for some people they should be called `smarter than you phones`
    12-18-10 02:56 PM
    I believe that Fox News will go to any length to stir up wild "news" stories. And I believe followers of Fox News will go to any length to believe them.

12-18-10 04:41 PM
    yeah its not a smartphone. it's an awesome phone
    12-18-10 04:53 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD