My wife had a blackberry with AT&T which died prior to renewal. I elected to go prepaid and thought it easiest if I just got a Torch off EBay cause she is used to Blackberry and not good with change. The Torch is unlocked and voice, sms text and blackberry world work. We do not use email or anything else, but she does want to send and receive pix messages. I cannot believe how friggen complicated this is.

So far I have downloaded generic AT&T service books and merged the MMS books with her backup. Didn;t work.

Before wasting a lot of time and effort, i want to know if this is possible. I;ve tried various processes I found on the internet such as merging the service book with Magicberry. To be honest, I like the phone, but it boggles my mind why RIM makes something as simple as setting apn settings so difficult. Not sure if I should throw it back on fleabay and get her a windows phone or try to get mms working.
    12-10-13 12:35 PM
    I have a page where it lists the APN settings for Jolt. Mobile Carrier Settings for Jolt Mobile - United States as well as this link for APN settings from the Jolt homepage. Jolt Mobile GMS | Full Service Long Distance Carrier (Link is for adding info to iPhone, but the settings should be good)

Are you having an issue with adding the settings, or just trying to find the settings themselves?

You can also throw Jolt a line as well. http://www.joltmobile.com/contact.aspx
    12-10-13 01:01 PM
    Jolt has provided settings, but their instructions tell me to go to my "providers blackberry internet service portal" to get the service books. Not sure what this means. I do have two MMS service books right now. MMS CLient with UID: MMS 001; CID: MMS User ID: -1 and no gateway or service type/subtype entries. Also have MMS Transport with UID: MMS trans; CID WPTCP; User id: -1; Gateway IP"//127.0.0.1.0' 0/ wap.cingular GPAK Description: MMS WAP transport service book; no service type or subtype. I do not see any options for setting MMS APN; just one APN in the TCP settings which is att.mvno. I did go to host routing table and selected Register now. There are np etnries showing, although when you click register, it does say message sent.

Also when I go into settings from the text messaging menu, there is no MMS APN option.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jmkcc; 12-10-13 at 05:09 PM.
    12-10-13 03:54 PM