Hey guys, so I recently discovered one of the benefits of Blackberry desktop software! I discovered that you can stream from your itunes to your bb and even download songs and playlists over the wifi.

so thats all well and good, and i go and set up the thing, but have been having issues playing certain songs when streaming! now all my songs have come from one same stock - so no licenses, no drm, no other possible issues with my songs! and they are mixed mostly mp3, but about 10% are aac.

so some songs play, some dont giving the error "the media being played is of an unsupported format". This doesnt seem to be specifically one type of song - some aac files play fine, and some mp3 files dont play!

I dont know what is going on - songs so far that i have downloaded through media sync will play, despite giving me the "unsupported" message upon trying to stream. and there are even a few songs - that were already copied onto my torch's memory card a while ago - which have identical copies of the files in itunes which also give the same error when trying to stream - obviously the file on the phone itself plays fine.

I have tried the usual - battery pull, resync, connected to computer etc etc but to no avail! i thought it was possibly file type problem, as previously mentioned but seems not! Help!
    08-12-11 12:50 PM
    I have the exact same problem. Can't believe no one has posted an answer to you yet. I'd really like to know. I purchased a 32gb sd card for this sole purpose but can only play certain songs.
    08-31-11 08:20 AM
    Did you ever get an answer to this.

My mp3 files seem fine but m4a are not working.
    12-07-11 03:41 PM
    me too ....... most iTunes aac's synced & play fine, but other aac's from same iTunes playlist won't sync to phone
    12-11-11 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD