Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    22BF5E7F
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default blackberry maps on torch

Will anyone come up with a solution on how to install blackberry map onto Torch 9800, since I notice the device was not having it or mistakenly deleted. Further I would like to emphasize that idid try to re-install it but with no avail because instead of re-installation of map only the map installer is installed on the applications>third party>Add on or is that possible for this device to possess map.
    Banned

PIN
    che gringo

ATT blocks it half heartedly. Use the desktop manager program to install it.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Install via the desktop manager as stated above and you will be back in business. You can also download the ribbon/icon here on crackberry in the forums. It uses the old icon.
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    22BF5E7F
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Yeah thanks i used desktop manager to add bb maps app on my Torch and it showed up on my home screen. Works great now. The odd thing about why Ineeded it was the at&t app mark the spot requires you to have bb maps installed to use that app and it even gives you the web address to go to download bb maps. But when u go there it just downloads the bb maps installer. All is good now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I deleted the blackberry maps cause they are S H I T. Just download google maps on your phone. I did it and its great. Type in this in your internet phone browser.

Google Maps

That is the download page and you will have an awesome google maps on youe phone
    CrackBerry Addict

I use BB Maps Launcher. It works perfectly. Go to this link in your phone's browser:

http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad
    CrackBerry Newbie

is the blackberry desktop software same as blackberry desktop manager?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Zach7 View Post
    Install via the desktop manager as stated above and you will be back in business. You can also download the ribbon/icon here on crackberry in the forums. It uses the old icon.
    where is the download link?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,644 Global Posts

Yes it is. Go to the Blackberry Site and look for Software
    --
    8800 (Retired), 9000 (Retired), 9800 (T-Mobile), PB64 WiFi, Droid 4 (VZW)