- CrackBerry User
- 16 Posts
blackberry id problem
Hello!my problem started when I backup my bbm contacts in my old phone and restored them to my new phone,bt unfortunately the blackberry I'd of the old phone automatically transferred to d new phone, and any change to the old phone blackberry I'd will update the new phone balckberry I'd,pls I don't want to be sharing my bb I'd with someone coz am going to give the old phone away.
- 01-10-2013, 04:53 AM #2
It works like that so you can transfer all your old data, contacts, media, applications (including paid applications) from the old phone to the new phone and keep the same BBID.
Now you need to delete everything from the old phone, and then you can set up the old phone with a new BBID for the new person you are giving the phone to so they will start afresh.
1. Scroll to and select All.
2. Scroll to and select Options.
3. Scroll to and select Security.
4. Scroll to and select Security Wipe.
5. Select the required options.
6. Enter the word blackberry to confirm.
7. Scroll to and select Wipe Data.
8. Your BlackBerry smartphone will shut down and restart itself.
This will take several minutes.
- By foykid in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 5Last Post: 08-27-2013, 02:57 AM
- By ndxhound in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 8Last Post: 03-21-2012, 03:56 PM
- By RSG_the_Large_1 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 2Last Post: 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM
- By kevinchi in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-15-2012, 04:05 PM
- By Superm4n in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 09-30-2011, 10:57 AM