When I do Wikipedia searches on my browser, it used to default to the mobile site. Nothing has changed, now it defaults to the regular website. is there a way to make it default to the mobile instead?

ie. when I do a wikipedia search directly in the mobile browser without directing it to the mobile wikipedia site first, it brings the result in the regular desktop website. I need to go into the address bar and put a "m." in front of it to view it in the mobile site.

thanks.

Shane
    03-08-11 05:31 PM
    I assume you pressed on (Permanently disable mobile site) at the bottom of every wikipedia mobile page, the way to fix your problem is to clear your cookie, I'm not sure how to clear cookie for specific site, but if you in your browser, press menu button, go in Options, scroll down and you will see a place where you can check off/on Passwords/History/Cookies/Cache/Pushed COntent, just make sure you check cookies and clear now (but remember, it will clear every cookie that you have, except those that you have in your kitchen ;p)
    03-08-11 05:39 PM
    Thanks for the quick response,

that's what I figured I had did, it did not, however, alleviate the issue. I'm not sure exactly how this happened. I've taken some images that'll help explain what's happening here.

If i type it into the search like so
    Attachment 82609

it returns this
    Attachment 82610

which is fine, but it's not the mobile site, if i browse to the mobile site like this
    Attachment 82611

then it'll obviously return this,
    Attachment 82612

which is what I want.

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to answer my question as to why this is happening. I used to do Wikipedia searches directly from the address bar and get returns in the mobile site. I've got my default page set to m.wikipedia.org for now.

Thanks in advance for all your help!

shane.
    03-08-11 06:04 PM
    I see the same thing as you, I don't think you can change where the search goes in the browser.
    Strider2112 likes this.
    03-08-11 06:22 PM
    Oh, I could have sworn it used to browse to the mobile site. Maybe wikipedia changed something.

Well, thanks for your time anyway.

I've just made en.m.wikipedia.org my default page, I think I use it more than google anyway.
    I guess having Google as the default search engine yields the same problem, it returns the desktop page (which is why I had my browser set up as google homepage and wikipedia default search before) and the "images" section of the google desktop page is not very compatible with the blackberry.
    Last edited by strider2112; 03-08-11 at 06:56 PM. Reason: More info.
    03-08-11 06:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD