Hi, I currently have an Android device and a Blackberry Torch.
    I like the Android device a lot more then the Blackberry, but I'd like to use the Blackberry for just the BIS services so I can use BBM.

Is it possible to call AT&T and get the Blackberry device activated with the blackberry data service and get BIS then when that's activated remove the SIM from the Blackberry use my Android and continue to use the Blackberry BIS with WIFI only?

Or is it once the SIM card is removed the BIS is no longer activated?
    07-04-11 08:41 PM
    If you have a BIS plan then stick the SIM into your android phone, you will get normal data on the android. Then when you put the SIM back into your berry you will have BIS again. One of the perks of a BIS plan is it can also be used for normal data on a different phone. Unfortunately I don't believe you will have any services on your berry since it won't have a valid SIM, except for those few things that can use wifi as opposed to BIS, BBM being one of those things that wont work, I think.
    07-05-11 06:23 AM
    Thanks for your help.
    I was trying to avoid getting another plan or prepaid, but it looks like I might have to do that.
    I really love my Android, but I would like to have BBM back just so I can talk to people internationally.
    Would anyone know the cheapest prepaid plan that includes BIS? If there are any?
    I live in the US and my Torch is unlocked so my only options really are T-Mobile and AT&T.
    07-05-11 09:17 AM
    Think positive. With luck the Android emulator they were forced to write so as to at least have a chance to unload their warehouses full of unwanted Failbooks will be adapted to work on the phones. Sorry, do I sound bitter? Just po'ed about the one app I really need getting sunsetted because BBOS is such a PITA for developers to work with. Grumble...
    07-05-11 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD